The ugly truth

"Are you okay" said Taehyung as he looked at with concern. I snapped out of my trance and I just replayed the last moments in my head, my mom smiling up at me. She says "I moving back to Korea with a smile on her face, next month." I started to cheer but then I said "I"? As In you only? What about my father? He looks down... "Hyejin I didn't  want to tell you this"..  But my wedding is in 5 months." "What are you talking about". Tears started to form in my eyes, my mom's smile fades, Taehyung's hand tenses. "We have been divorced ever since you left. We couldn't keep this secret anymore, we felt terrible but we didn't want you to be sad, you were the only reason we were still together and after you left each day was like World War III. Hyejin we love you and want you to be happy don't you want us to be happy too". I looked at the walls imagined my old house, all the pictures hanging up on the wall. I imagined us together, as a family, all of that was gone, gone forever. I just slipped into a trance. I didn't know how to react what to do. I felt betrayed. Taehyung woke me from my trance. I decided for the best to act like everything was okay... But oh.. It was far from it.

I look at my parents and smile, "I am glad that you can happy and try to find your happiness, I am sorry we cannot be a family. But I still love you". They let out a breath, they are relieved". I sat there in torture pretending until the meeting was over. Taehyung, saved me. He looked at my mom and said "Hyejin, I and some students have meeting with a professor for a project". "Oh I must of forgotten about that" I thought. We said goodbye and left.

We steeped out side and we were walking and when we were a safe distance away. He picked me up and said "ice cream or the playground, I know you are not alright, like you say you are". I buried my head into his shoulder I said lets just go to your house." He smiled at me devilishly and said "sure" he carried me there. I smiled up at him. I stared feeling better. Then we crossed the park in front of his house and I saw a little girl with her parents and I started bursting into tears. I walked inside his large empty house with the familiar car in front of it. We went on the couch. "Do you want to talk about it" he offers. "Where do I even start" I said. "They kept their divorce a secret, I am their daughter, I deserve to know." How dare they say it's because of me that they stayed together, that itself is a lie." Taehyung tried to get me to see it from their point of view, he said "remember what's you told them, be happy that they are finally happy. You don't have to hear them fight, they seem kinder to each other now that they have space. " that is true..." I continued. "They did seem friendlier to each other." I sighed, "I can't believe he is getting married, so soon". Taehyung looked at me and said "when that wedding happens I will be there with you". "Okay" I sighed. I was starting to feel better. I started to giggle, "what" he said. "Meeting with a professor, you know for some reason I actually thought we had one". "You're welcome" he chuckled.

{Author's Note
This might now fit well with Mr. Arrogant because it's been a long time since I read and my memory is bad and I kinda forgot what happened? Sorry! }