Chapter 3 - Forks

Bella pov

My clock said 05:05am and that meant it was time to get up. I got dressed within five minutes after having a quick shower and my mom already had breakfast on the kitchen table when I walked in. She'd made my favourite; granola and berries, a perfect goodbye breakfast. My mom was very emotional this morning but I knew she would be so I didn't say much. Phil was comforting her as much as he could so I decided it might be best if I got a taxi to the airport; just so I didn't actually miss my flight. It was now 05:30am and my time to leave. I'm not one for goodbyes so I kept it short. They both kissed me and wished me luck with Charlie and school. Luckily we, and the flight, were on time. I went through security pretty quickly and then I just waited. Once on the plane I put my seatbelt on, put my earphones in and closed my eyes.

After two planes and a very long delay, I finally got to Forks. The weather was dismal; I hate any cold, wet thing and I hated Forks already. Well the weather anyway. After I went through the tiny security gate I found a little café; I was starving so I stopped and got some food. After I was done I took my suitcase outside expecting a taxi, but instead of seeing the taxi I saw Charlie's cruiser in its place. Not what I wanted to see. As soon as he saw me he got out of the cruiser, ran the short distance and gave me a massive bear hug. He hugged me for what felt like a lifetime until I coughed and he let me go."Bella! Oh wow haven't you grown! It's great to see you Bells." He said cheerfully. I don't think I've ever seen him this happy."Hey dad." I replied. I tried to sound enthusiastic but Charlie didn't care if I was, he was just happy I was here with him. He took my suitcase and walked back to the cruiser. He put it in the trunk while I got in the car. Charlie quickly followed. As he got into the drivers seat, he turned the key and we were off. I could tell the one hour car journey would feel ten times longer.

As Charlie drived through the never ending rain, he fired a hundred an one questions at me. They were basic things about my likes and dislikes, relationships, school; but then he started talking about my mom and how he missed seeing her."Mom's fine. Her and Phil are moving to Florida, she wanted me with her but that's when I thought it was time to see you." I replied to his worries without hesitation. I left out the parts where I'd been dreaming of Forks and this family I didn't even know. It sounds so strange but it's true. These dreams have had fights, passion and some very nice clothes; not to mention the very beautiful people.

After forty-five minutes Charlie ran out of questions for me and he began telling me about some of the people in Forks."There are some really nice people here Bells, they're all friendly and very welcoming. But there are some nasty people here too. I just got you back Bells so I want you to always be careful and safe; don't go off with someone you don't know." I knew I was his best interest at heart so I took in his words. "Of course dad, you know I would never do that." I replied."Good because I don't know what I'd do if anybody hurt you." I knew his words had meaning so I put my hand on his shoulder and smiled. He turned quickly not taking his eyes off the road and returned the smile. At that moment we pulled onto a drive I recognised. "Welcome home Bells!" Charlie said as he stopped the car. He got out and rushed round to my door so he could open it for me. I got out luckily not tripping as Charlie motioned for me to lead the way up the few steps. He told me where the spare key was, that was now mine, as he got my suitcase. The outside of the house was white; it looked old but somewhat modern. The greenery of the forest around us made me feel slightly claustrophobic, but I knew I would have to get used to it. As I found my key underneath the plant pot, I unlocked the front door and as I took the key out of the door it slipped through my hands and fell to the ground. At that moment, Charlie ran up the steps with my heavy suitcase under his arm and he grabbed my key off the ground and passed it to me. I smiled as I put the key in my back pocket. Walking through the front door all I could see were old family photos I couldn't remember. There were photos of me and Charlie, me and Renée and ones by myself; I looked quite young in the pictures meaning Renée had probably sent them Charlie as I was growing up. Looking at the few shelves in the hall, I saw some of my old dance trophies and horse riding first place ribbons. Again, obviously Renée had sent them Charlie and not told me; although looking at them, I did remember some of them more clearer than others. One of the trophies reminded me of one of my favourite dance routines. I'd preformed it at a dance competition and I won first place but that wasn't why I remembered it. That was the first time I broke my arm. I don't really know how I did it but I know it was VERY painful. As I walked into the small yet roomy kitchen, there was a big window that was easily the main light source. It didn't matter that it let only dull light in: it was still light. There was an archway that led into the living room and the first thing I noticed was the flat screen TV that overpowered the room. There were also two couches and an armchair that made the room a lot cosier. On the walls between the windows there were more pictures of me and there were also some of Charlie when he's been fishing. The only pictures in the house that were shop bought were ones of flowers and trees; I could tell Charlie loved nature, and that's good because I do too. I walked through the main living room door that led back to the hallway. Charlie shouted me, it sounded as though he was upstairs. I walked slowly up the stairs looking at even more pictures; I have to tell him that I really can't look at so many pictures of me everyday; I think I'd go mad. At the top of the stairs there were four doors. One was clearly the bathroom, another was Charlie's bedroom, one was my old bedroom that Charlie had now redecorated; but I didn't know about the other room. As I looked a bit closer I saw it was the study. I saw Charlie placing my suitcase on my bed, he turned around and walked out smiling at me. "I'll give you some privacy." He said. That's one of the things I love about Charlie; he doesn't hover.