Prolouge- Candy

Hi. I̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶w̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶w̶r̶i̶t̶e̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶e̶.

Hi. I̶'̶m̶ ̶K̶a̶y̶l̶a̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶I̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶d̶y̶.

Hi, I'm Kayla, and this is my school assignment. Just ignore the part above, since I don't have an eraser. So, introduction aside, I'm supposed to write down how I feel about the Journey. Honestly, I'm pretty confused about it... How can living on our own help us grow as people? And why do we have to do it in a huge simulation?

Yup, a simulation. But you already know about that, since you're running it, I assume. The teachers just called this an assignment, but really it's probably to make the simulations and the Journey in general better, which I guess I understand. I was going through the old entries yesterday, and they're pretty cool. Comforting to know people have been in my same position.

I only wish I could read the entries that people write after the Journey. Now that would be great. Maybe I'd be the slightest bit prepared.

Hey, maybe you can add that to the whole process, you know? Like each student is required to read a previous student's before-and-after-the-Journey thoughts. That would make life easier.

Okay, I don't know why I'm talking to the person reading this. I should just be writing my thoughts. But... I've already written out my thoughts, basically. In fact, I'm writing exactly what I think. Is that what I'm supposed to do? Am I even supposed to talk as if there's someone reading this?

And while we're on questions, has anybody seen my marbles? I think I lost them.

Anyways, I should probably focus. But, it's hard to write in things for me and stay on task for me. I always get so impatient, and can't stay focused, and it's the same when I'm trying to have conversations during dinner. Aw, now I want food.

See? I ramble quite a bit, which is why my marks aren't very good sometimes, because I'm too lost in my own head. And which is why I doubt I'll be able to live in a simulation world alone. But I won't really be alone, because I'll have lots of friends and I'll make new ones from all over the world, considering we're all in the same giant simulation. Yet with so many details about the simulations veiled, I don't even know if I'll be near the friends I actually know. They could be on the opposite side of the simulation. And being in an unfamiliar world (or simulation, whatever) with unfamiliar people is no doubt going to be a scary thing, at least for me.

I should be prepared, because I've always known I'm going to go on this journey, at this age, on this day, but I'm scared. Scared of somehow failing my Journey, scared of letting down my family. If I fail my Journey, I have to wait a whole year to do it again. I know a few people that have failed, but not many. I don't want to be an outcast a̶g̶a̶i̶n̶.

Anyways, I think I should write more here.

Candy, candy, candy, candy, candy, candy, candy, candy...

I like candy.

I'll stop now. Anyways, the Journey. Yeah. Big simulation that I'm scared of, because I might fail. And if I fail, I have to wait a whole year to do it again. There's only a two people this year who are fourteen instead of thirteen, at least from my town. I don't know how you fail (all those veiled details...) but it happens. My sister, Ann, heard a rumour about one of the people who failed last year. Apparently, they couldn't handle it and had to be pulled out. Ominous much?

Seriously, what does that mean for me? What if I end up like them, unable to handle being away from my family and living on my own?

I don't even know where I'll be living! So much stuff unknown, so much stuff that I'm going to discover tomorrow. And I am in no way prepared.

P.S. I hope they have candy there.

A/N- Welcome to the story! I know this chapter was short hush smol one I tried. I might try to keep an update schedule of weekly, but idk... I'm bad with updates.