64⁒

"What does that really mean?" I ask.

Alex and I stand in front of Jugo Juice.

"It's like when your potassium deficient because you haven't eaten bananas in a really long time," she makes an allegory.

"But how could you know you're sexually frustrated, if you've never had sex."

"Just because you've never eaten a banana, doesn't mean your body doesn't need it," she continues.

"You don't need sex to survive."

She scoffs, "Yes, you do."

I roll my eyes.

"Didn't you take biology? You should know."

"Biology class isn't about talking about people's sex lives. Besides, I don't like sex. It's gross," I plainly explain.

She laughs really hard. Fantasies are great, but when you think about the real thing... I get the itchy-bitchy feeling.

"You're so orthodox," she waves.

"I just prefer not being penetrated," I say.

"Maybe you need to be penetrated. Maybe you'll be less tight-ass."

"Psh!," I blow, "I'm tight-ass?"

She nods, sipping her smoothie.

I frown, "Remind me to tell Tomas to stick his finger up your ass."

We walk around the mall. She just laughs. I look for active wear.

"If I were you, I'd let Étienne smash."

I give her derp face, "No."

"Come on. You totally could," she pokes my arm, "You sleep in the same bed."

"That's something I never agreed to. He just migrated from the sofa to my bed and stayed there. He didn't ask. It's not cool sharing space with someone twice my size."

"Oh, please! You don't mind at all," she keeps poking me.

I focus on searching for my size on the clothes rack.

"He's a man. Men are weak. They're the ones who can't survive without sex."

"Exactly. You could make him your sex slave."

I laugh at that.

"You got to stop reading wattpad," I warn her.

"Tie him to the bed and whip him. See if he likes it."

"Ah! Stop being weird!" I try covering my ears.

·•●⦁·

"Thanks again for coming with me," I say to Étienne.

We sit quietly in the waiting room. I needed to bring someone, which according to the secretary had to be a responsible someone. I would bring Alex, but I know for certain that all she would do is film me and post it on YouTube.

"Yeah," he sighs, scrolling through his phone.

"You're going to have to buy baby food."

"Yeah."

"I'm so nervous..." I swing my legs.

"M-hm."

I turn to look at him, "You're supposed to ask me if I'm nervous."

He lifts his head from his phone with half closed eyelids.

"Are you nervous?" he then asks lazily.

"No, I'm not nervous," I shake my head.

He returns to his phone. I stare at his long legs. They're quite enchanting. 

"You must be nervous, huh?" I ask him.

He sarcastically stretches, "Oh, yeah. I'm so nervous. After this, you're going to be such a pain in the ass."

"Watch your mouth—no pun intended," I say flatly. He grins. I stare at the harmonious artwork on the wall, "I'm very sensitive. But you're right. I don't take pain well."

"Oh, I know," he grins.

His answer, I guess, refers to my menstrual breakdowns. 

"But what if something goes wrong..."

He shakes his head, "You'll be fine. I trust this doctor."

"You don't understand," I say dramatically, "My whole life is going to change."

"How?" he scoffs.

I look at him restlessly, "Baby food? Really?"

"Just for a few days," he shrugs.

"You saw my x-ray. It's completely horizontal and in a really bad position. What if he can't get it out?"

"The doctor does this for a living. He knows what he's doing. Stop stressing out."

I sit upright in my seat, "I'm not stressed. You're stressed."

Afterwards, they called me in. They removed my wisdom teeth. Only the bottom ones—I couldn't afford all four. The anaesthetic knocked me out. I don't remember a thing.