Chapter Four: Home, Not So Sweet Home

Olivia and Elliot walked into her apartment. You could smell the lingering scent of alcohol and weed. It was a pig sty to say the least. In the years she was 'dead' she didn't care about appearances anymore. She had no one to impress; Elliot was gone.

Olivia spoke up before they delved too far into her old life. "Actually, um, I think I should stay at a hotel for the next few days. I don't want to be exposed to any of this; for the baby's sake. "

"Why go to a hotel? Come stay with me. I'll grab your clothes and we can go. You got a suitcase?" Elliot offered.

"That'd be great," she said with a smile, "And yeah. It's in the closet back there." she pointed to the coat closet near the door. "Just grab all you can. I'm going back downstairs to the car. I feel exhausted."

"Alright. You want me to walk you down first?"

"I'm fine. Thanks, Stabler."

"Be careful, Benson." he said as a smile crept upon his face. There was something about the way she said his name. It just made everything so much more real. She was really there. Olivia Benson was going to be staying at his house. This was his life now. It had been improved beyond description.
He proceeded to gather her things and place them into her suitcase. Elliot was putting in her shirts and blouses when he spotted two small picture frames on her dresser. One was of her and her mother, Serena. The other was a photo from 1999 when Olivia had just started at SVU. He sighed. Elliot thought back to the exact day she first walked into the precinct...

Elliot was sitting at his desk writing up a DD-5 for the case they had just finished. Then, she walked in. The woman had a long coat draped over her shoulder, holding it with her two slender fingers. Her hair was short in a bob style cut. Elliot noticed the sexy red lipstick she wore. But then there were her clothes. He thought to himself, 'Her clothes make her look like an old man.' He was brought out of his rude thoughts by her voice.

"Excuse me, sir? Sir?" She spoke with determination.

"Uhm, yes? I'm sorry. How can I help you?"

"I'm here to see Captain Cragen. I was told he would be expect-" The lady was cut off by the Captain.

"You must be Olivia Benson." He walked over to Elliot's desk. "I see you've met Elliot Stabler. He's a handful."

Olivia laughed. "I can tell" She spoke again. Her voice was mesmerizing.

"Well, Benson. Welcome to SVU." He turned to Elliot. "Olivia will be your new partner. Show her the ropes, will you?"

"Your wish is my command, Captain." With that, Cragen retreated back to his office.

"You know," Olivia said, "I didn't really peg you for the 'O Captain, My Captain!' type." She laughed again and sat down across from Elliot. He could get used to this.
••••••••
Elliot walked out from the building carrying a few bags with Olivia's suitcase. He placed them in the trunk and joined Olivia in the front. He started driving and heard sniffles coming from his right.

"Olivia? Hey. Are you okay?"

"Yeah. I'm sorry, Elliot. It's the hormones, I guess." she looked at him apologetically.

"You want to talk about anything, Liv?" he asked cautiously.

"Can we wait till we get to your house?" she spoke softly.

"Of course. We're almost there." he smiled over to her and she had a small smile on her face, too.
They arrived at Elliot's apartment he had bought when Kathy left with the kids. As soon as Elliot unlocked the door, he ushered Olivia inside. She jumped when Sparky barked at her. 'Idiot!' he thought. He forgot about the dog.