Chapter 1: Waking Up

"Ow!" The apple bounced down onto the grass as I looked up into the green branches of the apple tree.

    The evening was fast approaching, and apple picking was going slowly with my best friend, Drake. Drake was a tall boy, only a year younger than me, with dark hair and a very strange purple eye, that of an Enderman actually. He was a dorky boy, a good roommate.

    "Sorry! Pay attention, Lydia!" I sighed at Drake's comment and nodded as another apple fell. I caught it and put it in the basket. 'That should be enough,' I thought.

    "Okay, Drake. Let's go home. Armen will be getting home soon and the sun is setting," I called up to him. I picked up the basket and waited for him as he jumped down.

    Armen was our third roommate, a boy that stood taller than Drake, with dark hair and clear teal eyes. He was more mature than Drake, but still a year younger than I.

    "Thanks, Lyd. Want me to carry it, or no?" He questioned with a friendly smile.

    "I'm good. It's a short walk home, anyways," I answered calmly as I started down the path with the boy at my heels. It was my responsibility to make sure Drake was home and safe before the dangers of the night came out.

    We reached the house in record time; 15 minutes. My arms hurt from carrying the heavy basket but I wasn't going to give Drake the satisfaction of knowing. He unlocked the door and held it open as I carried the basket through. I set it on the kitchen counter and rolled my shoulders.

     "You should have let me help. Your arms are going to be so sore in a few hours," Drake commented with a cocky smirk.

     "Whatever. I'll get over it. I'm going to start dinner. Go find something to occupy yourself with, kid," I ordered with a playful smile as I walked to mine and Armen's room. I slept in his room in a sleeping bag, but I bunked in his room because he was the more mature boy of my two friends. I set my iron sword that he had made for me in my chest and locked it before I returned to the kitchen.

    I pulled out some pork from our fridge and took six slices of bread from beside it, setting it on the counter. I placed the pork on a plate and warmed it up in the oven before putting it between the bread slices to make sandwich. I had only just finished when Armen walked in.

    "Dinner's ready!" I yelled so Drake would hear me through the closed door. Armen chuckled and came over to take his plate.

    "Thanks, Lyd," Armen smiled as he sat at the counter and started to eat. I started to eat my sandwich as well as soon as Drake came and grabbed his plate.

    The dim lighting added to the fatigue plaguing my mind and body. The quiet atmosphere didn't help either.

    " How were the mines, today?" I decided to start a conversation with the miner.

    "Great! I found two dimonds and forged a new sword," he said enthusiastically between bites.

    "That's awesome, bro! How do you do it?" Drake smiled at his friend.

    "I guess I'm just magical!" Armen replied with a goofy grin. I laughed and smiled at his comment as I finished my sandwich.

    As the other two finished, I took their plates and washed them, allowing the boys to get ready for bed. I finished and waited for Armen to leave the bedroom before I entered the room and changed. He came back in a few minutes later and laid in his bed.

    "Drake passed out as soon as his face hit the pillow," Armen half-whispered. The dark house was completely quiet besides Drake's light snoring in the room next door.

    " Typical Drake; exhausted from doing almost nothing," I laughed quietly.

    "Almost nothing?"

    "Yeah. We went out and picked some apples today."

    "So thats what the basket was."

    "Yep. You caught us," he laughed at my comment and sighed.

    "Night, Lyd."

    "Night, Armen."

~*Three hours later (midnight)*~

    "Lydia, Armen? Are you guys awake?"

    "Are now," I replied rather grumpily to Drake's question as I sat up to look at him.

    Armen groaned as he sat up, "It's the middle of the night, Drake. What do you want?"

    "I dont know. A midnight snack, I guess."

    I sighed and got up, leaving the room and walking into the kitchen, "A sandwich?"

    "Sure. Thanks," I handed him the sandwich after he stopped wandering the room, "Why are apples falling from the-oh. Did that tree grow?"

    "Overnight? I guess its possible, and most likely," Armen replied from the bedroom doorway. I looked out the newly-repaired window that sat beside the staircase.

    "Hey, what was that?" I looked over at Drake, who was looking up and out of the large window above the front door.

    "I don't see anything, man. Maybe your just tired," Armen reasoned with the boy.

    "Maybe. Let's go back to bed," he yawned and led us back into his room, where Armen and I departed into our room, "Hmm. There are some skeletons outside...."

    We could still hear him, but whatever. I got situated under my covers, as did Armen under his.

    "What was-what are those floating orb things?" His question caught my attention and I got up, entering his room. I wasn't the only one interested though, because Armen followed me closely.

    "What are you talking about, bro?" Armen questioned as he came up beside Drake and I.

    "Nevermind. It must just be that I'm tired," I agreed with a nod, for I saw nothing as well. I turned and walked back to My sleeping bag, tucking in.

    "Go to bed, man."

    "Yeah, goodnight, Armen."

    "Night, man. "

    I said goodnight to Armen as he came and laid back down, barely paying attention to his and Drake's short goodnight as my eyes drifted closed and the world went slowly black. Sleep overtook my consciousness.

A/N: So, do you like it? Tell me if i should keep indenting and if there are any mistakes so i can fix them. Also, i need a cover so please help out if you can! Thanks!!

-DappledCity03