Chapter 4: The one that got away

Flashback

"James, you better make sure she fixes the mess she made. That's not fair at all!" Andre said as he took a swig on his bottle of Heineken.

"In your own condo unit. While you're in camp, man that's so evil. You should have ended things before joining the army, told you she cannot be trusted. Now she's nothing but pain in the ass!" He continued with his tirade.

James placed his hand over Andre's shoulders and massaged him in every awkward way possible. "Hey, easy there man. It's me who's been cheated on, not you. Hold your horses and let's just party the night away. We have to be back in camp by tomorrow afternoon. I want to revel in my short freedom."

"But I'm telling you, better fix it tomorrow. Kick her out of your condo and just forget about her man. Wag na siya. Ako na lang, koya. Ako na lang ulit." Andre teased and guided James' hand to his lower back.

"Uh yes, right there. Ooohh!" He was definitely making weird animalistic sounds that made James conscious of what was happening. Andre winked at him and gulped down what's left of his bottle.

"Hashtag no homo." Said another friend who happens to witness the bromance going on in their own booth.

"Yeah yeah, I will. Talk to her tomorrow." James replied in surrender.

The night continued on as the group of young men drowned their sorrows with alcohol and dancing in the confines of their little booth. James sat down as he felt the alcohol inhibit his system, he turned his head and found a pair of eyes looking his direction. He was not out to pick up some girls to be honest. He just wanted to get away from camp and get away from the nightmare this morning. He looked again, wanting to steal more glance of her. She had ebony black hair that fell in slight waves just above her waist and legs that go for miles. She had lovely eyes filled with sadness, her stare almost drowned him. He is willing though, to drown in her pain so he can take them all away. Her lips were succulent red cherries on the verge of ripeness and he just wants to have a taste or just one bite. He stopped himself. Nope, not gonna happen. Not today and not here. He willed himself to calm down and focused his eyes on the ground instead, tormenting himself with the reverberating music in the background.

"Hi, I'm Donna! I err, saw you guys from across the dance floor. I'm with my girls", she pointed to the direction opposite the booth with two girls engaged deeply in a conversation.

"Maybe we can party together? Join us in our booth, perhaps?" Donna inquired as she tried to charm the young men.

"Hi Donna, I'm Bre..Bry, Bryan!" a fair skinned young man with light brown hair said as he extended his right arm to shake Donna's hand.

"This is Dre, and the guy sulking over there is Ja...Rob." Bret followed through, his voice bordering tipsy and exhaustion.

"Hi Bre-Bryan, Dre and Jay-rob! Nice to meet you three." Donna said as she gave them the biggest awkward smile, teeth sparkling, cheeks shaking.

"Hi Donna, just call me Rob. Err, we're not really out to hook..OOMPH!" He was abruptly cut off with Andre's hand covered up on his entire mouth. It tasted salty and sour. Whatever that is, James shook his head to bring him back to the main issue.

"Let's go guys! Let's parteeeh, party people!" Andre raised his hands towards the roof while trying his best to show off some dance moves which most likely resembles a mascot (Jollibee) booty shaking.

...

BLAG! A resounding impact from outside made his ears throb, his heart raised like horses rampaging. He meant to move but his feet were glued to the ground. He felt sick by the sight of vomit all over. He rushed towards the toilet instead, to clean himself off the sour stench emanating him. He grabbed the towel and hurriedly went outside to chase after Nadine, only to find her nowhere. He sat on the couch, defeated. She's gone.