Chapter 11b: Throwing Punches at Ocean Waves

It was just after sunset when they called it a wrap. Both James and Michael were quite satisfied with their shots and Nadine herself was impressed if she were to be honest, with their professionalism. She was the one who had to look after the models, make sure the lights were perfect and keep everyone fed and hydrated. One could say that she did a great job babysitting everyone and her hangover. She did a good job altogether, since she only threw up once and managed to doze off whilst everyone were on lunch break. Yeah, she's a pro.

She was on her way to her bedroom to call it a day when someone tapped her shoulder.

"That was a great first day of work, huh?" James inquired with a smug smirk plastered on his tanned face. The Bali sun was doing his pretty face wonders, and Nadine couldn't help but scan his topless body, now showing caramel tones and pink blush around them. The sun certainly help sculpt his abs as they look more prominent now. He definitely looked good with a tan, Nadine will not argue about that.

"Uh, my face is up here." James joked, chuckling to hide his bashfulness.

Why would someone still be shy with that kind of body, and that face? Nadine thought and then opened her mouth to answer James, only she realised, her mouth was already open, and wait a minute, did she think out loud again?

"Yes, you did." He vouched.

Well, that was the second time this had happened to her. She truly needed a well-deserved sleep, perhaps a Balinese massage first, and then sleep.

"I mean, yeah, great, good, uh, good job you guys!" There was no way she would be able to redeem herself, so ignoring the matter should do the trick.

"Listen, Michael and I are going for dinner and some drinks. Do you wanna join us?"

"I think I'll pass. I really need sleep, to be honest."

"Sure, sure! Well, I'll let you rest then. But if you decided to skip sleep and explore Bali with us, we'll just be at the Arwana." James scratched his head, giving Nadine the sweetest smile and those puppy eyes.

"Yeah, I'll take note of that." Nadine quickly turned around, avoiding the intensity of James' eyes, otherwise, she knew his stare would make her do things that she would definitely regret the next day.

But just when she was about to step into her room, a pair of strong arms wrapped around her tiny waist as she was hurled up the ground and against the wall. She had to shut her eyes the moment her feet left the ground, only to open them and saw the person standing a few inches from her, their face so closed they almost morphed into one person, was not James.

"You have to stop doing this Michael." She protested, breathing from her nose and in the process getting a whiff of Michael's aftershave.

"What? I just wanted to congratulate you for a job well done. You know, keeping us stuffed and making sure we don't bite each other's heads off. James and I." Michael said, raising his arm to rest on the wall just above Nadine's head.

"Thank you?"

"So, how can I be of service to you tonight? Join us for dinner and some drinks, please. Otherwise it'll be a terrible sausage party."

"I need to sleep Michael. I'm downright exhausted." Nadine yawned, completely forgetting her current ordeal, read: sandwiched between Michael and the wall. She was plotting her escape but it seemed like Michael read her mind, so he placed his other arm against the wall, trapping her right then and there.

Then there was a cough, but it sounded more like someone was choking.

"You know, there are rooms in here for privacy." James started. "By the way, Michael, I just received a call from the lobby. Seems like you have a-" Before James could even finish his sentence, someone came running from behind James, jumping with exuberance and so much life, that Nadine envied greatly.