Chapter 7: First Day Drama

(Unedited, Second Draft)

Chapter 7: First Day Drama

When the next day came along I met the girl that who be training me, Serena. She was a few years older than me and on summer break before going back to college. At first, she appeared to be a friendly person and we joked around how we resemble one another, but has guest started checking in I notice she wasn't all that friendly.

"I wonder, whose baby that is?" she inquired has my father walked into the lobby holding Conner in his arms, with Mr. D'amore following behind. "I don't remember hearing anything about them having another child."

"What do you mean?" I question not wanting to give away that Connor was mine. I wanted everyone here to think I was just some anonymous person, given way all my paperwork had the name Mia Rivers on it, so no one would know I was the CEO daughter.

"From what I've heard they have teenage children, and I'm sure their stuck-up brats, who are used to getting anything they want." She replies with a sore look on her face while crossing her arms. "Its people like that, which make me hate this kind of business. No matter how hard we work it won't matter we'll never move up within the company because it's going to be handed off to their children while the rest us regular people have to defend for our titles in a company."

"Why do you think so little of them, but still work here?" I question, knowing I would be having a serious talk with my father tonight about this girl's work ethic.

"Because it's on an island, and every girl knows that the hottest guys come out here during the summer. Plus I have free room and board while I'm here and I'm able to do whatever I want when I clock out." She replied with a little sass in her voice. "I mean why you are here? You look like you just graduated high school."

"I graduated last year and I'm in college for hotel management, with a minor in business. I thought this would be a good place to start so I understand what I would be doing later in life." I responded crossing my arms over my chest. "I'm not here to party it up while I'm not working. I have a future to think about plus a son to raise."

"You're a mother? While that explain why you're so uptight." She laughs turning back around to the computer. "What does Baby Daddy have to say about you coming to the island or did you leave the little brat with him."

"My son is with me, his father back home taking summer college class." I lie, not really knowing what Ryan was doing. Since I haven't heard from him, I was clueless to his whereabouts. I knew with my name change that he be unable to find me here, which made me relax and keep focus and help me keep my promise I made to him.

"Just like a man to knock a girl up and leave her with the child without a second glancing." She smart-off, with a sour look on her face. "All they care about is seeing how many girls they can bang and brag about it to their friends."

"Why do you have such a negative outlook on everything?" I question trying to understand her better, so maybe I could find some way to salvage her job.

She gazed over at me with a raised eyebrow, "I don't have a negative outlook on everything. I just have a different point of view on things then you do. I mean really think about how your son's dad not around it would make sense he just wanted between your legs. He probably out banging some other girl right now and not thinking twice about being a father."

"You know nothing about my son's dad and me. I'm sure you're right about him sleeping with other girls, but we're not together so frankly I don't care. The thing you're wrong about is him not caring about Conner because he does. He was there when he was born and is doing everything he can to make sure our son has the best future possible." I shouted getting the attention of everyone in the lobby.