Chapter 9:Expectations

(Warning Mild Sexual Content... Unedited, 1st Draft)

Chapter 9:Expectations

Looking up at the building I hope the Erik was busy with work and would see that Ryan was here with me. There was no telling what would happen once the truth came out about us casually dating. Even though we only went got once every few months, we had never sleep together, but knowing how Ryan had acted the first time I meet Erik I knew that wouldn't matter. That once the truth came out it wasn't going to be pleasant.  "Come on, I'm hungry and don't want to be here all day. I do have a wedding party I have to be a part of."

I had almost forgot about the wedding party with the shock of seeing Ryan, a party I knew I had to sit up and have everything in order for. My cook was most likely going to kill me once he got to order in on have to cater to a last minute party. "Why did you pick have to pick the main resort? There are other resorts that would be more romance to have a wedding at." I asked stepping out of the car has Ryan place his hand against my lower back escorting me into the building.

"Because at the time of the deal, this was the only resort our fathers had been talking about." He laughs, "I still can't get over Victoria conniving why of overhearing our Conversation. I always speculated she had an alternative motive when she's going to the same college that Brian and he attended. And just her luck Brian fall right into the palm of her hand. I never though I see my best friend whipped."

Has we walked into the building I looked around to see if Erik was anywhere in sight but did not see him walking about the lobby floor. "Can I ask how why you make a deal about who would get married first?"

Ryan let out a laugh has he turn us to the restaurant and the hostess walked us to our table, "We had been joking around who was the bigger player and how we would never settle down. One thing led to other and we made the deal."

I didn't say anything after that has Ryan pulled out my site and then took the chair next to me and place his hand against mine wrapping his hand around it. I try to pull my hand away but he only grips a little harder, "Can you please stop."

"Stop what," he questions, but I could hear the playfulness in his voice.

"I'm not a fan of being manhandled. Just because we're here together doesn't mean you have the right come in and set some kind of claim on me. I agree to be your friend but that is all. You need to focus more on Conner right now.

"Yes while I can't really spend any time with him right now with him being in school." he explains tightening his hand a little more, "so you're the next best thing."

"No Ryan," with the way his eyes starting to shine and the way he was glaring at me I could tell he had an alternative motive with being here. "Whatever it is you're thinking about, you can forget it. I'm not making any more deals with you."

"What makes you think I'm wanting to make another deal already, this deal hasn't even been fully for field yet," he replies smiling at me. "Yes there are a few things I like to discuss, but that's after I gain Conner trust and we have more of a father-son relationship."

I closed my eyes not liking the sound of this now, "Why don't you just tell me what it is now, so we can have all our card out of the table."

"Because I know once it's out in the open, you'll just shoot me down and leave me in the dark once again."

That's when the waiter came and took our order just has Erik happen to walk in. Panicking I hung my head in hopes he didn't see me. "Ryan, this isn't a game you can play without telling the other person the rules. What is it you're trying to win?"