Let me into your room, my child

Liliana couldn't fall asleep long that evening. She was just thinking how excited she was about the visit of her 'Magical Leprechaun Father' who already visited her in the morning and about the awaiting visit of her 'Vampire Father' she was just about to meet...

It was long after 11 pm when they usually go to sleep, so Liliana's mother was sleeping peacefully in the other room, unaware of what was going on, and Liliana was just lying in her room, moving on her bed from time to time, listening carefully and waiting for a sign.

And around Mindninght she finally got that sign! She heard a sound of knocking. Yes! Someone was knocking her room window quietly. She jumped out of her bed as fast as she could as soon as she heard it. She run to the window, pulled the blinds up and noticed a bat sitting on her windowsill. That bat didn't fly away when he noticed her. And He was the one who was knocking her window. With his left wing!

He first looked like a regular bat, but then his face changed into a humanlike face and Liliana saw a face of Count Dracula she remembered from her dream. The face of Dracula still on bat body smiled at Liliana and spoke with a calm and friendly but royallike voice: 'Good Evening, my little Princess! - What a Lovely Night we have today'. Liliana could hear his voice perfectly and very clearly athought the window was still closed.

'It's not the best time to pay a visit for mortals - but perfect for You!' - she joked and smiled back at him. 'I wasn't sleeping yet. - I was expecting you' - she added. 'Wonderful! - So Liam informed you about my visit just as I asked him?' - the vampire asked happily. 'Of course he did! - You can count on him' - answered Liliana and opened the window. 'I found that out myself as well' - Dracula answered - 'And if I had to have some 'rival' I am glad that it was Him'. 'I used to be jealous about him many years ago because your mother liked him and was afraid of me' - he explained - 'But she didn't choose him either, so I stopped being jealous. And after your birth we started to cooperate to protect you the best we could'. 'You are the most important for us because you magically took some features after both of us' - he said - 'We couldn't transmit our genes to you in a natural way - but we are both happy about the final result'.

'I know about that, and I know who you are' - said Liliana. 'But how should I call you now? - she asked and opened the window wider to let the bat fly into her room. But he didn't do that, he was still sitting on her window sill as if he was waiting for something. He just smiled and answered her question: 'Calling me Father would be a little too old fashioned - so I guess 'Dad' would be allright'.

'Ok, Dad' - answered Liliana and asked him: 'Won't you enter my room now?'. She knew that vampires can't enter houses without invitation. So she invited him because that was what she should do. 'Of course, I will' - answered Dracula smiling at her - 'But could you please take this garlic away first? - I can't stand its smell !'. There was a head of garlic hanging on Liliana's window. Liliana's mother put it there to protect her daughter cause she believed in it's protective powers. And Liliana knew that garlic scares the vampires away.