CHAPTER XXVIII

INIQUITOUS

INIQUITOUS

CHAPTER XXVIII

THE HIGHWAY WAS HEAVY WITH TRAFFIC. Stuck in a queue as long as God's arm, I took the opportunity to clamp my teeth into a greasy fried chicken piece. I had a bucket of Why-America-Is-Great between my legs along with fries and a cup of Dr Pepper in the holder. I had circled a drive-thru and doubled my order for my brother. He was slurping noisily beside me, and he tossed his now empty bucket behind him. I threw him a look of irritation and he burped in my face. "Sorry," he set his cup down, hoisted his ass off his seat and took out his phone from the back pocket of his jeans. "Time to call home."

"Put it on loud speaker."

He nodded, turning the volume of the radio down. The loud ringing tone took over the silence the rap music left behind. It was a solid ten seconds before Uncle Hektor answered, "Hello?"

"Hi there! Is that Hektor Aristodemos? My name is Jackson Richmond from Verizon and I was wondering if I could possibly borrow a couple of minutes from you?" Eton mimicked an awful southern accent, he continued without waiting for a response, "there seems to be a problem with your account, sir. My technical team have found an error code five-eight-four and I was just checking to see if this is correct?"

"I'm not interested." Uncle Hektor said gruffly.

"Now hold on a minute, sir!" Eton said quickly, "this is a serious issue. Error code five-eight-four is a red flag and we've already contacted the police on this issue. May I ask for your security pin? Hello? Hello? He hung up on me."

"Be serious. Ask him if the funeral is over."

"Alright," he called again, patiently waiting. He reached a hand to the rear view mirror, angling it in his direction so he could admire his reflection. He raised a thick eyebrow over a mischievous grey gaze. I copied him; raised an eyebrow, unamused and threw a fry at him. He caught it, put it in his mouth and then quickly swallowed when Hektor answered.

"Hello?"

"Hi, baby," Eton grew breasts, wore a red polka dot dress and developed a husky voice. "Are you a dirty man?"

"Excuse me!?"

"My cóck is throbbing. Wanna come over and suck it?"

The call ended abruptly.

"Jesus Christ," I exclaimed, choking on my gulp of soda. I punched my chest, trying to clear my airway, eyes streaming. "What the hell is wrong with you!?"

"Mommy didn't love me enough. Oh wait. No, that's you." He dialled for Hektor's number once more and went straight to voicemail. He pulled a face. "Someone's mad."

"I'm going to call the house phone."

"I want to speak."

"No," I batted his hand away as he attempted to reach for the phone, "fuck off."