Bucky Barnes - Your Arm!! ✔

*Warning* Contains spoilers for Captain America Civil War!!
Also, sorry I don't update often. Motivation and inspiration come and go, and sometimes I'm left with one but not the other, which sucks. But here I am with both! So enjoy the story!

Updated Author's Note: Wow I changed like over half of this story, haha sorry folks

Edited 8.10.17

You walked down a white corridor and into a lab room, drawn to the voices you heard while approaching. Those voices, however, suddenly stopped as you entered into the room just as white as the hallway before. You looked in front of you, seeing Sam and Steve standing in front of who appeared to be Bucky.

"(Y/N)!" Bucky yelled in surprise, "I thought you said you were gonna leave?" At that, you shook your head.

"I changed my mind." you said with a smile. After that, Steve decided to bump into the conversation.

"Well, it's good to see you, Agent (L/N). Sam and I were just about to leave if you'd like to talk to Buck alone." You simply nodded at Steve's comment.

"That'd be great, thank you, Stevie." You said with a grin as they both stepped out. Sam didn't say anything to you, but that was expected. So when you turned your attention to Bucky, you noticed his metal arm was missing. You hadn't noticed before because Steve and Sam were partially blocking him from your view. You just stood there and gaped at it. "James Buchanan Barnes did you really lose your arm! I told you not to get hurt!" he rubbed the back of his neck with his only arm.

"Well technically I didn't get hurt since I couldn't feel the arm anyway." he pointed out with a small grin. You looked at him in disappointment and he sighed. "But in my defense, it was an accident."

"Well, of course, it was an accident, Buck! You don't just waltz around asking people to chop off your limbs, do you?" That made him chuckle a bit, but you kept on talking, "I told you to be more careful!" You walked over to him and poked the metal nub of his arm before mumbling, "And it was a nice arm too." This made him laugh once again.

"Oh come on, doll, it's just an arm. No need to get so worked up about it." You looked up at him, noticing that he was smiling. You hadn't seen him smile in such a long time. It was actually quite pleasant to see once again.

"Yeah, but where are you gonna get another arm like that? You can't just make another one! Well... I mean guess you can.. but that's not the point! It won't be as nice!" You were smiling too as you continued to try to argue.

"It'll be just as nice, I'll make sure of it, okay? But I won't be in need of another arm for a while, so what's the point?" Your smile faded as he said that, being replaced with a confused and worried look.

"What do you mean by that, Buck?" Your face showing concern for the man you've grown so close to.

"Well," he jabbed his thumb in the direction of a cryogenic tube, "I've gotta go in there for a while, dollface. Until I can get this.... other me, under control. I've been hurting people, (Y/N), and I don't wanna hurt anyone else." he must have seen the hurt in your face because after that he started trying to comfort you. "But hey, don't you worry your pretty little head okay? I'll be back I swear! I'll come back for you, okay?" As you processed this information, tears started swelling in your eyes, threatening to spill over any second. You quickly wiped underneath your eyes and looked up at him.

"So you're just gonna freeze yourself in a tube to solve your problems?" You asked sarcastically, crossing your arms.

"That's the plan. At least, until someone can find out how I can get me back to me, full time. I can't stand being used as a weapon of destruction, you have to understand that!" He said with a small frown. He wanted to cross his arms too, but obviously, he couldn't, so he just left his arm dangling at his side.

You stood there in silence for awhile, staring down at the concrete floor, your eyes once again filling up with tears. You didn't like seeing the man you loved suffering like he is, but you also thought about how hard it would be possibly never seeing him again.

"Y-yeah, I know, I just-" Your voice cracked and tears started escaping from your eyes. "I-I don't know." You finished, not knowing what else to say. Well, you knew exactly what you wanted to say, but you just didn't want to say it. He pulled you into his chest with his one arm and you wrapped your arms around him too, crying into his chest.

"Shh Shh hey, it'll be fine (N/N). I'll be back before you know it." Bucky said, trying his hardest to comfort you.

"I... I just... I'll miss you." You said truthfully. "I know it's ch-cheesy or whatever, b-but I will miss you."

"And I'll miss you." He said, rubbing circles into your back.

"No, you won't." You laughed, with a slight hint of bitterness. "The time you spend in there will be gone in a second, and when you come out it'll be like no time has passed."

He leaned his head on your shoulder and sighed. "That's true, I'm sorry."

"Don't apologize for something you can't control." You said with a half smile. You pulled away from Bucky and wiped your drying tears from your face.

"Listen, (Y/N), there's something I need to tell you before I go..." Bucky said, his voice trailing off.

"What is it?" You asked, trying to conceal the hope in your voice.

He put his fingers under your chin and guided your faces together, planting a sweet and longing kiss on your lips. You kissed back, putting your arms around his neck slowly to deepen the kiss. His hand gently went to your waist and pulled you both closer together. After a couple seconds, you both pulled away for air and he rested his forehead on yours. "With the small chance that I don't see you again, I just felt you should know that... I love you."

Your eyes widened at his confession before you grinned. "I've been waiting for you to say that Barnes." And with that, you pulled him into another kiss. "I love you too." You said with a smile when you pulled apart once again. He opened his mouth to say something before a quiet alarm of sorts went off.

"I guess that's my queue." He said sadly.

"Yeah, I guess this is it for now." You said, equally saddened.

He stepped into the cryo tube slowly, looking at you through the glass. "See ya 'round, Dollface." He said with a small smirk.

"Yeah, see ya 'round, Barnes." You gave him a sarcastic salute before setting the cryo-tube timer to a year and a half. You looked up at him one last time to see his eyes closed and his face neutral. You sighed before pressing the freeze button and slowly walking out. As you walked, you couldn't help but ponder what this meant for you and the brunette soldier.