Draco Malfoy - Death Eaters ✓

Edited 1.2.18

I was in my sixth year at Hogwarts, in the same year as the golden trio. I wanted to be normal, at least as normal as being a witch could get, but being a Death Eater kind of got in the way of anything I really wanted to do. Ever. It's not like I even wanted to be a Death Eater since believe it or not, there are more downsides than upsides. Like for example, I can't wear t-shirts anymore cause of that stupid tattoo they gave me, goddammit Voldemort.

It was the morning before another day of school at a Death Eater meeting or whatever you'd call it. I sit there in between my parents, shrinking in my seat as much as possible without looking suspicious. Voldemort was at the head of the table we were seated at, instructing us and stuff. I wasn't really listening though, but oh well I'll ask my parents to fill me in later so I don't die. I sighed to myself, sat up and looked at the person across from me at the table. His name was Draco Malfoy. His family owned the house we were having the meeting in. I personally thought he was hot, but I never talked to him. Actually, I never really talked to anyone.

I hadn't noticed I was staring until he looked over at me with a sympathetic look.  I look down and then back over to Voldemort so it can at least seem like I'm paying attention to the noseless man's nonsense. Why does he not have a nose? I don't know. Apparently, the meeting was over since everyone was now getting up and leaving. I get up quickly and follow behind my mother and father, not wanting to socialize with anyone.

--

I arrived at school shortly after the meeting, not surprisingly already wanting the day to end. But I sighed and continued on, the first half of the day blurring together. Once lunch arrived I was overjoyed, walking over to a table and sitting in my usual spot alone at the edge of the bench closest to the doors. It never occurred to me that I had no real friends at Hogwarts, but then again it also didn't matter to me. The sounds of the bench creaking in front of me snapped me out of my thoughts. I didn't want to look up from my food to see who it was, but curiosity got the better of me and I did anyway.

It was nonother than Draco Malfoy. My eyes widened in surprise and I looked back down at my food quickly, trying my best to casually continue eating. He seemed to have none of that because he cleared his throat, trying to get my attention without having to actually talk. I looked back up at him with a slightly puzzled look. I studied the expression on his face. Wait, was he... nervous? Apparently, he was, because he started tugging on his collar in an attempt to.. well I actually don't know what he was trying to do. I realized I was staring at him again and I quickly looked back down at my food.

"Do you need something?" Were the first words I spoke to Draco Malfoy. Good job me. I groaned internally and bit my tongue before I could apologize.

His eyes widened slightly at my rude tone before they narrowed into his trademark glare. "Just trying to figure you out. Afterall, I did see you you-know-where." He crossed his arms and leaned against them on the table, a smirk playing on his lips.

I felt the blood rush from my face and my hands go pale. I took a deep breath and tried to play it cool. "It's not like I wanted to be there, you know. I didn't sign up for it in the least. It's my stupid parents." I said, looking back down at my food for a distraction.

"I know what you mean." He said, frowning.

"I'm (Y/N) (L/N)," I said, my gaze meeting his steel-grey eyes.

"And I'm Draco Malfoy, but you probably already knew that." I opened my mouth to say something more before I heard people calling his name. "Well, it's been nice (L/N), but I've got to go. I'll probably talk to you later." He said before rising from his seat and walking away. I nodded to myself before finishing the rest of my food.