Prologue

Adrien's eyes widened at the sight, a slight anger filled his head and his lips turned down in a frown. There a girl kneeled in front of his seat, placing a piece of chewing gum on it.

"Hey! What are doing!?" Adrien shouted out to her.

Marinette had frozen in her place, unable to let out a single real word.

"Um, it's not what it-" she spoke before being swiftly interrupted.

Chloe and Sabrina erupted into a fit of laughter, drowning out any sort of explanation Marinette attempted to give.

Adrien's brows furrowed in anger, "Good job, very funny you three." Adrien crossed his arms, a frown formed across his lips.

Marinette stood frantically, "No, no, no! I was just trying to take it off the seat!"

A scoff and an eye roll was his only reply. He then begrudgingly kneeled down to the seat, attempting to remove the gum.

The gum was impossibly stuck to his chair. Giving up, he took a tissue from his bag and placed it over the sticky mound.

He sat in a huff, not daring to even give Marinette a glance.

Marinette didn't even attempt to reason with him anymore. At a loss, she sat down in her seat next to Alya.

Alya gave her a sympathetic look, "You'll have to explain it to him later."

~

The school day had come to a close and Marinette was determined to explain the situation to Adrien.

She found him barely a few steps outside of the school.

The sky grumbled softly, beginning to spit rain, signalling that a much larger storm was afoot.

She eyed Adrien's near figure before opening an umbrella she brought in anticipation of the storm.

Adrien held his hand out, letting droplets of rain spot his palm.

Marinette stepped to his side, "Hey." she spoke softly before waving.

He didn't bother to turn his gaze towards her, feigning focus on something in the distance.

"I was only trying to remove the gum from your seat." She said her back turned to him but her head turned towards him, looking at him with her midnight blue eyes that were glinting with sincerity, "I don't like seeing people treated in that sort of way... especially by Chloe."

She turned her body towards him and held the umbrella out towards him. His eyes widened at the sight of her, her very appearance sparking some sort of profound realization in him that he was yet to process.

He willed his hand out towards the handle of the umbrella. She passed it to him and once it sat on his shoulder, it closed up on his head.

Marinette couldn't help but giggle at the sight, "I would think that's something I would do." she continued to giggle softly.

Adrien lifted the edge of the umbrella to peer at her face scrunched in laughter, beginning to laugh along with her.

Soon Marinette's chuckles calmed and she turned, still looking at him behind her, before speaking in a friendly tone, "See you tomorrow." She said then started to walk down the steps.

It took Adrien a while to process what she said before he spoke, "Oh, uh, yeah!"

His eyes widened and he palmed him face in embarrassment. Where had all his charisma gone?

This memory soon grew fond in his heart. The idea that someone like Marinette, who hardly knew him, was willing to try and save him from Chloe's tricks. The idea that she cared enough about him to try and explain it to him, even after he became so hostile towards her. Even the small charm of her giving her own umbrella to him, even though his ride home was only a few steps away, made his heart melt.

This memory would plant his soon blossoming feelings for his dear classmate, Marinette.