9.

"So..." Alya said rolling the chair she sat on closer to Marinette who was finishing sewing what she'd began when Chat visited a while ago.

"So what?" Marinette sighed turning to Alya.

Manon had left with her mom a while ago leaving Alya and Marinette to just hang out.

"Why were you so worried about Chat Noir?" Alya asked leaning closer to her.

Marinette groaned unpleasantly, "Alya! He was thrown across Paris! Who wouldn't be worried!?"

"His suit protects him from all that." Alya stated, "So it was odd you worried knowing his suit protects him from all that pain."

"Do you think I remembered that when I was trying to pull you inside, scared out of my wits and worried for Manon!?"

"Fine, you got me there." Alya said raising her hands up in defeat, "But I'm still stuck between two ships, Marichat and Adrienette; even if you really don't like either I know there's hope."

"I have no idea what you are talking about and I don't think I need or want to know," Marinette replied, not wanting to invest anything into this conversation.

"You're a dream crusher," Alya said in a dejected tone, as she slumped in her seat.

Marinette ignored what Alya had said and turned back to her sewing. She wasn't using her sewing machine this time simply because she needed to do something quiet after Manon was over and sewing machines are not known for being too quiet. So now she worked by hand with a needle. She needed to make small added details to her skirt anyways and sometimes she found it hard to do that with her sewing machine.

After a while, she felt a pair of eyes watch her closely and she heard the sound of a phone being put down. She guessed Alya had switched her main focus to her stitching instead of Blog Noir's latest notifications.

"You really need to teach me how to sew sometime," Alya spoke in a whisper, not wanting to tear Marinette from her concentration too much.

Marinette gave off a nod before facing towards Alya, "I need to get downstairs and help my parents with the bakery, you probably need to go home now anyways."

"Yeah, honestly we really aren't doing much right now anyways," Alya replied standing up.

"You can borrow one of my coats it's quite chilly out." Marinette offered.

"What are you talking about, Mari?" Alya raised a brow.

Marinette stood up and walked towards the window, "Alya, it's snowing."

"Still. But I thought that whole 'internal winter' or 'bad weather forever' thing wouldn't last this long?"

"Akuma's never lie," Marinette replied. She brought herself a little closer to the window to examine the light flakes of snow that the dark sky produced. The window radiated the chilled atmosphere from the outside world, sending her waves of shivers. She was truly quite frightened, this snow could be a forever thing, "Alya, I'm a little scared." Marinette said breaking the silent atmosphere.

"I am too. But Chat Noir will find a way to fix it; he always finds a way to fix it." Alya replied.

But still even the reassurance of Alya didn't settle the knotted feeling in her stomach.

~

Adrien was awoken from his nap by the sound of his ringing phone.

Adrien rubbed his eyes and reached out to the bedside table, slapping his hand in different places on the top of the furniture looking for his phone. Eventually, he found his phone and he grabbed it, bringing it up in his hand and hovering it over his head. He squinted at the screen of his phone trying to make out the words that seemed blurry. While holding it up above himself and trying to read the number his grip loosened up and the phone fell on his face, he let out a groan before taking it off his face. He just clicked the green button to answer it, no longer caring about who it was.