Chapter 2 ♠️ Birthday

Jace's POV

Today, as I woke up I felt all these emotions coursing through me. Happiness, joy, sadness, guilt, and pain. I went to get ready, brushing my teeth, and throwing on jeans and a black v-neck. When I got out of my room I went downstairs to see all of my pack members and friends there. Unusually I couldn't shake the feeling of being lonely.

Walking through the pack house towards the kitchen, I was greeted and congratulated continuously by pack members. Waffles, eggs, bacons, toast, and orange juice were laid out on the tables. As always Alexa must've made the food. I decided to let Alexa eat something for a change. Must be a feeling extra nice from officially becoming Alpha.

Searching for Alexa through the crowd of people was nearly impossible, considering almost the whole pack were in the pack house. Instead I told someone else to bring the food to her. She better be grateful for what I'm doing, because this'll be the first and last time.

Alexa's POV

It was already evening when I finished baking the cake in the afternoon, while the pack was out for a picnic. I was in my room when I was called for. "GET IN HERE YOU BITCH!!!" Screamed Lexi at the top of her lungs. I got out as quickly as I can. On the way I smelt the most intoxicating smell ever. Instantly I knew it was Jace I was about to brace myself because I knew he would reject me.

"DID YOU FORGET DINNER AGAIN?!" Lexi screeched. "I-Im sorry I forgot to make it I was focusing on the cake for The Alpha's birthday." I said fear clearly in my voice. Scared that I would get a beating much worse than yesterday.

His scent was everywhere, I couldn't help but peek at Alpha Jace watching the whole ordeal unfold and saw his eyes widen in realization. I couldn't take it anymore and stepped back.

1 step

2 steps

This angered the other pack members and they started hitting me. What happened next took me by surprise. "STOP IF YOU DARE HURT HER I WILL BANISH YOU OUT OF THIS PACK!!!" Roared Alpha Jace.

Jace's POV

When we got back from the picnic there was no dinner. This made me and the others angry. Lexi was screaming for that waste of space, Alexa. Soon, at the same time that she stepped foot into the dining room I smelt the most intoxicating scent ever. Looking frantically around the room, trying to find where it was coming from, it didn't take long before I was dawned with the knowledge that the source of the scent was the omega.

She was my mate. The one I'm supposed to cherish and protect. The one I had been abusing and hurting for years. The pain in my heart could never compare to what I put her through. The aching and throbbing was never ending. The pain of knowing what I put her through was drowning me in my wrongs and sins. My eyes widened. The one who I abused mentally and physically. The one who I let others abuse too. Alexa took a step back and that caused some growls to go around some pack members were angry and started beating my mate in front of me.

I was seeing red. I was angry. My mate was being abused by her pack for no reason. "STOP IF YOU DARE HURT HER I WILL KICK YOU OUT OF THIS PACK!!!" I roared angrily. I was surprised myself soon everyone was looking at me like i was a psychopath with shock written on their faces and eyes wide open and mouths open. Alexa was on the ground. She also looked at me with pain filled eyes.

Soon she ran away from me and left for the woods. I ran after her and after what seemed like forever I found her standing near a lake with her head in her hands crying. It broke my heart to see her like this knowing that I also caused her half of this pain. She looked up at me and said the words I thought I never would hear in my entire life...

"I Alexa Mains reject you Alpha Jace Adams as my mate." Then she walked past me as if nothing happened I saw a few tears fall down her face. Then instantly I had this stabbing pain inside my heart it broke me my mate rejected me the one who I abused for years.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vote

Comment

Share

Follow