Chapter 4 ♠️ Regret

Jace's POV

        Ever since the incident that landed Alexa in the hospital she has been in that bed for 4 days.

         I have been a mess ever since.

         As I went into the bathroom I looked at myself in the mirror. I had huge bags under my eyes, bloodshot eyes, messy hair, and rumpled up clothes.

        I have been visiting Alexa everyday from early in the morning to late at night.

         Drake and Kai has been taking care of the pack for me. They are the only ones that knew Alexa was my mate. Well actually were the only ones that knew until I officially told the pack via mind link to prevent any further abuse to her. To tell you the truth I didn't mind that they knew. I wasn't ashamed to have a mate like Alexa. She's beautiful and is only made for me.

         It was Alexa's second day being hospitalized. I was laying on my bed after coming back from the hospital just looking up at the ceiling when Drake and Kai came in.

          They asked me where I was disappearing off to for the past two days.

          "We know you're not telling us something." Replied Drake.

          "Yeah you've been like this ever since that omega was beaten up." said Kai.

          I just let out a low growl at the mention of his use of the word omega and how he casually said she was beaten like it was a usual occurrence.
Drake and Kai just exchanged confused glances.

          After keeping quiet for days I had to let it out.

          "Alexa is my mate."

         Drake just looked at me with a blank expression but still held some shock while Kai looked at me with wide eyes and mouth wide open.

          "So... That's why you-" Drake swallowed  "Defended her from Lexi  and brought Alexa to the pack Doctor."

         I didn't reply.

         "I just don't know what to do. I abused my own mate physically and mentally." My throat was and my blurry vision was shown.

          Kai barely whispered "I can't believe we did that to her... Our Luna..."

         We all looked at each other with sad expressions. We all realized we've been doing wrong. Alexa was treated unfairly while the other members could just lay back while she had all these things she had to carry on her chest with no one to talk to no family members and because of us she had no friends either. She was all alone.

        After that they left, leaving me alone.

         Couldn't help but sigh, I just got ready and went back to where my mate lay again.

         I was greeted by the pack Doctor.

          "Good morning Alpha." Said Dr. Christine.

          "Are there by updates on Alexa."

          "Well, she has gotten a lot better. Although it is still unknown when she will wake up." She said.

          A wave of disappointment crashed into me.

          I just headed to Alexa's room. As I sat beside her I held her hand constantly whispering for her to come back.

Alexa's POV

          All I saw was black.

         I keep hearing someone talking but I can't seem to go to it.

          "Please come back to me."

          "I love you I'm sorry."

          "I miss you."

          As my eyes fluttered open I was faced with an unfamiliar room that was dimly lit, with white walls. looked around until my eyes landed on the one and only Jace.

          He was staring at me while holding my hand. I saw emotions in his eyes I never thought I'd see.

          Hope, surprise, excitement, and love.

         At this my eyes softened a bit.

         The door to the room opened and I saw a woman with a white coat on who I assumed was a doctor, the Beta, and Gamma come in.

         When they assessed Jace looking at me I saw relief flood their eyes. Like they were glad and grateful he was well again.

         While the woman who I learned was called Dr. Christine checking up on me I let go of Jace's hand as I thought he was only here out of pity.

         He doesn't care. He never did. It was only the mate bond, that must be why he was here.

         "Hey Jace." Said Drake.

         "Looks like Alexa's awake now huh." Replied Kai. Which shocked me to my core. No one ever called me by just my name. I was always called omega or a vulgar term. I was so used to it that I didn't care anymore, I had adjusted to it but hearing someone call me my name was refreshing.

          They both didn't have hateful glints in there eyes anymore they held something else.

But I was still scared. Scared because what if they were acting? They never cared before, why now? They loathed me. I don't believe that I could've changed the most cruelest of men. It was just impossible.

         "Okay guys I need you to leave the room to let Miss Alexa rest." Said Dr. Christine.

They all obeyed. As Jace was leaving the room he gave me a second glance while a tear slid down his face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vote

Comment

Share

Follow