Chapter 9 ♠️ I Need Him

Dedicated to my lovely readers who've stayed with me until now.

         Sitting with my arms hugging my legs I stay under the sun thinking of what just transpired.

Wiping away the dried tears off my face, I stood up to go back until I heard a branch crack behind me.

Turning around, I see 3 rogues with blood shot eyes and salivating mouths. They truly looked crazy and out for blood. The goose bumps on my arms and the hairs on my neck were giving me bad premonitions. They're going to try something, I thought.

Panicking, I make a run for it, away from the pack house to protect everyone there. At the same time I try mindlinking the pack for help but I realized how it wouldn't work anyway. I could never mindlink since my bond with them was always weak and trying to contact Jace was also out of the question. Our bond wasn't strong either.

I was alone.

I couldn't call for help and these rogues behind me were going to get me. I was trapped. So I halted.

Turning around, I see them all look at me for a minute to see if I'd run again. Once sure that I wouldn't they go behind trees to shift and change.

One by one they come out. They all looked revolting. Grinning at me with their yellowed teeth like I was meat, their eyes undressing me, and their bodies just was covered in wounds, dirt, and filth.

"Why are you out here by yourself girl?" Asked one of them.

Another questioned, "Aren't you supposed to be with that mate of yours?"

They were slowly closing in. I purposely stopped running cause I knew they would catch me eventually. No one was coming to help and no one was going to. Dying here like this, knowing how even now I'm worrying about him and the pack that tortured me made me feel sick to my stomach. But I knew it was something I'd gladly do, even if they don't know how much I've sacrificed everything for them. They'd probably find me tomorrow morning and just brush it off. No funeral, no nothing.

          I don't know what it was, but I started to cry again. Maybe it was because of sadness? I'm not going to lie, but thinking of how no one would give a damn about me dying was breaking me. Why am I doing this for them, for him?

        The rogue that first spoke grabbed ahold of me and managed to throw me a few feet away to where my back hit a tree trunk, all I felt was flashing hot, searing pain all over. I felt someone grab ahold of my arm, their claws going in so deep that blood started to gush out. This guy had never spoke before. He was touching me all over. I've never felt so violated. My tears continued to stream down.

          All I could think about was Jace.

Jace...

Jace...!

Jace.....!

JACE!!!!

         I wish he was here. I don't want to be by myself. I was scared.

Shutting my eyes as tightly as I could, I waited until everything was over. Everything would be over and I wouldn't have to go through anymore pain and suffering.

Suddenly, the rogue was thrown off me just in time I opened my eyes. All 3 rogues were taken down. Blood was everywhere.

Surveying the rest of my surroundings I see Jace hovering over the rogue that was the one who had me in its grip, Beta Drake, and Gamma Kai hovering over the other two along with a few other warriors from the pack that are standing guard.

I fall down, everything hitting me. They were here. But... how? There was no way they would've known.

I feel myself being lifted up and crushed into a wall, I squeezed him back just as hard, that scent I loved oh so much surrounded me as well. Finally the tears start to fall, I know I'm crying a lot, but I can't help it. He came. He did. When I thought I would be all alone in this.

He looks down at me with his own tears falling down his cheek. He had a look of sorrow and regret.

"I should have ran after you. If I had done that, you wouldn't be here like this." He cried into my neck. "Or better yet, I should have upped the security, right after you ran out to keep you safe."

I leaned into him even more. I just couldn't fight right now. I needed him at this moment.

He slowly lifted me into a bridal style carry and walked back to the pack house with the others in tow.

I couldn't help but ask, "How did you know..?"

"Believe it or not, I felt your emotions, you were afraid, and that made me go crazy. And what triggered me even more was the fact that I felt pain all over. I just knew it was you. And I also heard you screaming for me subconsciously for help, I don't know how, but it reached me and that was what drove me to the brink of insanity, not knowing where you were and what danger you were in. So I immediately got everyone ready and tracked you down by your scent."

"Why did you come? After everything I've said to you back there?" I queried. I was truly confused. I thought he loathed me. Why did he come for me if he hated me?

"Because after everything I've done, and how much I hate myself for it, I still can't let my selfishness go. I love you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Vote

Comment

Share

Follow