Chapter 5. - "Felicity".

It's been a month since the first time I've talked with Nina. No, I'm not counting the days without talking to her, I was just commenting... But it doesn't matter.

I miss my mom.

I miss her touch.

I miss her goodnight-kiss.

Every day I battle poverty just to hear her sweet voice. Oh, mom! Your son is making you suffer and he is lying to you. I have more probabilities of dying out here with this cold weather. What if I die? Either with cold or getting run over by a car because the street was covered with ice. Who will tell her? When will she know? Could take a minute, a week, a month... Years.

"Ma'am, we just found your son. I'm sorry, but he is in the hospital and he didn't make it."

My mom would be devastated, she would get crazy and her world would be knocked down. However, I won't die. With her in my heart and her strength in my blood, I will survive.

Geez... I'm not mentally healthy right now. Do you ever get these kind of scary thoughts at night? Lucky! I get them all day.

It is now 10 pm and I'm heading to a restaurant, a bit far from where I "live". Not that I can call "house" to a bridge. Since I don't have money, I managed to find a way of eating without paying. It's not stealing, I call it leftovers. The restaurant name is "Felicity", which is a bit ironic since everything I've seen there, its way passed the felicity, it's more like sorrow. Allow me to explain: most of the times when I come here, I have a spot really near a window and when It's open I can hear the conversations.

"I'm going to the bathroom, honey.", She said while picking up her purse, "Can't wait to hear what you have to say."

In the short time of going from table to bathroom, this tall and suited man makes a call.

"I'm going to pop the question.", he said.

I couldn't hear who the other person on the other line was, but by the way he talked I could understand something was fishy.

"Yes, darling. Money will be ours, don't you worry.", he laugh discreetly.

I couldn't believe my ears. Question? Money? Who is this bastard? Poor girl... He hang up the phone when he saw his girlfriend approaching to him.

"Who were you talking to?", she smiled.

"To a friend of mine. He was asking when I would go play golf with him.", he said with a cold heart of his. I felt colder from him than from the actual snow out here.

"So what do you want to say to me?!", she seemed excited as if she knew something important was about to happen.

"Laurel, we've been together for a year and even if doesn't seem much to your parents, it's like a life for me..."

Oh, great! Her parents don't approve their love, can't imagine why...

"So will you make me the honours of being my lovely wife?",  As the second he said that, she just started screaming "Yes, yes! I do!"

He gave her a diamond ring which could make me afford a house and food.

Should I say something? I mean, she's marrying a douchebag. But why would she believed in any word I said? All I can do is wish her good luck and hoping she would find out before the marriage.

To my surprise, the girl ended up pretty well. It's was the douche's time to go to the "Loo" as he said. Another call, but this time from her.

"He did it. HALLELUJAH! He popped the question. It was about time!!". She didn't sound surprise, sounded more like relieved. "Don't worry, this son of a b*tch is going to lose all his money and everything he has."

I got speechless. I don't know if I should be happy to know she wasn't actually naive by marrying him or if sad that now a days there is no love at all. I'm confused.