[ seven ]

I'm not sure what I'm afraid of. Tonight is my first (solo) date with Jaxon. No distractions, no other people, just us. I don't even know where he's taking me. And this guy seems like the real deal. So why do I feel indifferent about allowing things to continue and potentially go further?

I was nervous and I knew I had to call Elijah. As soon as he got through the door, he headed straight to my fridge to take out the Pinot Grigio & pour himself a glass.

"Talk to me," he said after drinking a considerable amount from his glass.

"I don't know if I should go through with tonight." I squeezed my eyes shut, ready for Elijah to call me crazy.

"And may I ask why not?" He was restraining himself; forcing a smile with wide eyes.

"Well..." I sighed, grabbing a beer out the fridge and plopping onto my couch. "So yesterday...Nate had asked me to think about if I wanted to be with Jaxon because I actually wanted to be with him or if I wanted to be with Jaxon as a distraction from Nate."

Elijah was processing all I just said. He scratched his head as he drank from his wine glass. "Why would Nate say something like that? A distraction?"

All I did was look at Elijah with bold eyes, hoping he'd figure it out...and he did. His jaw dropped and he immediately put his glass down, rushing to my side.

"You didn't!" He dramatically spoke.

"I did," I cringed.

Elijah gasped. "You little minx. You and Nate? Nate and you? Scandalous...but also ew. Ew! Were you desperate? I'm kinda grossed out, but something's telling me that I want details."

"Elijah, I-"

"How big is he," Elijah whispered.

"Average size, I guess," I shrugged. "I didn't sit there and measure it."

"Well he's not like a mandingo or anything, obviously. He'd be the biggest manwhore on the west coast."

"You'd be surprised," I rolled my eyes.

"And obviously he's not too small, you would've said something already."

Elijah's assumptions were making me blush uncontrollably but I was also uncomfortable talking about Nate's personal assets.

"Can we not?" I shrieked.

"I'll just ask this," Elijah cleared his throat. "Was it good? Like, toe-curling, sheet-grabbing good? Or just good good? Asking for science."

I took a deep breath, letting my head fall face first into the palms of my hands. "It was amazing," my voice was muffled.

Elijah rubbed my back and I sat back upright.

"It was the perfect orgasm." 

I didn't mean to go into any form of detail but I can't deny the truth. And the truth should always be shouted from the mountain tops if it's that good.

"Okay, I wouldn't say all of that," Elijah snickered. "No offense to him but let's be honest, you can count the number of men you've slept with on one hand so...not much to compare."

"You know what I mean. He was just...so gentle yet he went so deep. And the rhythm was perfectly paced to where the orgasm slowly built up. It didn't just hit me like fireworks, it was more like a blossoming bouquet of flowers."

"Should I snap my fingers for that poetry?" He joked. "Listen, I can't make your decision for you. But I'm just saying, with Nate...you gave him the cookies without commitment, he now has nothing to work for unless it's another nut he needs to bust and that's not your job. Then you have Jaxon. He's taking you out, making sure you're always comfortable. He looks at you like a vintage bottle of wine that needs to be cherished, not a dinner buffet."