Chapter 17

July 20th
19:32
Mount Justice

Covert was busy securing a direct hotline to the Watchtower. She had been working for several hours already, and the job was nearly complete. However, there were still a few bugs to work out, but nothing major would stand in her way.

The Cave was quiet at this time of night. Most of the vigilantes were either starting shifts or ending them, and this night was no exception. Even for a Friday, the walls contained no amount of the joy and laughter brought by the YJI. Sure, Superboy and M'gann took residence there, but they were rarely seen. Superboy preferred to sulk in his room, and M'gann was attempting to catch up on twenty years of television and books.

The zeta tube announced a visitor, though. "Kid Flash, B03."

"Heya, Parker!" He called.

"I'm working." She stated, not looking at him. "And don't call me that."

He trumped over to her work station, eyeing her work. "Well, I am not calling you 'Covert.'"

Finally, she looked at him with masked eyes. "You call Robin 'Robin.'"

"Yeah," he shrugged. "It is kind of a name. People can be named Robin. Besides, it rolls off the tongue easily."

Parker groaned. "Annalise." She said.

"What?"

"It's my middle name, but don't tell anybody that."

He hummed as he thought. "I still don't like it: too long." Her glare did nothing to sate him. Then he offered a replacement. "How about 'Nali?'"

Truth be told, Parker did not hate that at all. "It could work. Say it's my nickname."

He pointed at her and clicked his tongue. "You got it." He walked into the living space, where the television was. Parker rolled her eyes at the speedster's antics.

Around an hour later, she heard complaints left and right running from his mouth. "Seriously," he muttered. "Six hundred channels, and there is nothing on?" This earned another eye roll from Covert. A few minutes later, a bolt of red streaked past her and out a zeta tube.

M'gann came out of the same room a moment later, hovering instead of walking. "Hello, Annalise."

Covert mentally face-palmed. She had told the name to the martian. "Hello, Megan." The catch phrase had caught on to the Team very quickly. "Wally decided he doesn't want to call me that, anymore."

"Oh?" She asked. "Does he know your real name?"

Parker nodded. "He does, but he decided to call me 'Nali.'"

M'gann smiled. "I will be sure to call you that from now on, then. I like it, too." She was quiet for a moment. "Wally invited me to go camping with him."

Covert perked up in concern for her friend. "He did, did he?" Her obvious sarcasm was not so obvious.

"Yes." She confirmed. "I was thinking, maybe the whole Team would like to roast marshmallows. Wally tells me they are wonderful."

The vigilante laughed. "They are." She turned to actually look at her. "I could send out an alert to everybody. It wouldn't take much longer than ten minutes for them to get here."

"Thank would be wonderful." Megan squealed in delight. "You know I mean to include you, as well, right?"

Parker shrugged. "Sure. Why not?" A few pressed buttons later, two more zeta beams docked at the Cave.

"Camping?" Robin asked as he arrived. "Haven't been in a while. Well, I haven't been on purpose in a while."

Kaldur seemed a bit more edgy about the situation. "So we are sleeping on bags on the hard ground. Do all surface-worlders do this?"