A/N

Well, I am trying a bit of a new dynamic with the second book. Ingenious was basically a prologue to introduce the physics of my fanfiction universe. Though little plot was shown, this preface still holds purpose. The characters in the story would have little depth to them if I had begun in book two like I had originally planned.

The hero in my story is very far from fully developed. I will be the first to admit that the recurring themes that overtook most of what little plot lies in the subtext. My characters are ill defined and flat. Useless and confusing banter often controls a lot of the dialogue.

What I am saying is that I am far from a perfect writer. I took a story with an already established timeline and mutilated it to fit my will. It may seem in some ways that I am Zeus over the silver age of man: I care little about my subjects, but power over them is desired above anything else. This is not the case.

I began writing it over six months ago with little expectations of where my immortal dominance may lead these poor creatures. I borrowed one of my friend's birthdays for that of Parker's, but no other influence came from outside sources. Sure, the occasional recognition in the form of a comment or direct message encouraged me to write, but all the ideas (aside from those of canon DC Comics origin) are my own.

I regret to admit that most of the next book's plot line is from another very famous Dick Grayson Robin storyline, just more confirmed to my purposes. Most fans of anything DC publishes, I think, will place their fingers on the storyline by the middle of the book.

Never the less, I am prepared to keep my readers as in the dark while adding as many innuendos as possible. This form of true balance rarely exists in stories anymore.

I encourage criticism of my work. I am not the type to be offended at truth. Anyone who tells me how to improve on my writing should not suffer scorn, but rather receive praise for noticing a careful detail that slipped my mind while in the writing process.

Before I let off, I want to convey my love for the Young Justice Universe. It may not be as vast and diverse as other television works, but that is one of the key components in its greatness. Rather than focusing on one specific character or storyline, Young Justice cleverly implicates a few well rounded, uniquely established heroes while maintaining the feel of the DC universe. Through carefully planned story arcs, most of which lead up to one overarching story arc, we, the audience, are given the chance to explore characters we never knew we loved before.

This animated Cartoon Network show was the one that essentially brought me into a world I had, frankly, never given much thought to. I loved the world of Marvel, but superheroes such as Batman and Superman seemed boring and plain compared to, what I thought was, the complexity of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. I realized almost too late how easily and completely the DCU had captured a small fragment of my mind.

That small fragment evolved into something that consumes the majority of my graphic tees, book shelves, and waking thoughts. My eccentric love of, specifically, the Batfamily came from the perfection of Robin in his YJ persona. Everything from his voice to the subtle hints of his past give such a depth to the character that I have never been able to find a match to.

I have yet to find a more complex character as Dick Grayson or any other Robin.

I say all this to bring this book to a final close and say.

Book two, Inaspirical, is now published.

Peace, love, and
~Art