11) I Have To Share A Room With This Strange, Delinquent, Gorgeous Boy? WHY ME!?

“Holy hell, this is one bitch of a headache I have. Ouch! What the fuck happened? My head is killing me!”

I opened my eyes and saw that I was in my bed. Rocket was sitting at the end of my bed, watching me intently.

“You’re awake” he said.

“Well done, Einstein. What the fuck happened to me?” I tried to sit up and felt a sharp pain sting the back of my head. I winced.

“You don’t remember?” he asked.

And suddenly, I did remember. I remembered everything, from meeting up with everyone on the beach, to the surf contest, to the show, to being dragged away by Tony Ellerby…and that’s where my memory stopped.

“How did I get here?” I asked, not having any recollection whatsoever of returning to my bed.

“You really don’t know, do you?” Rocket asked. I shook my head.

“At the party last night…” he began “You were kidnapped by some surfer dude. I forgot his name…?”

“Tony Ellerby” I said.

“So you do know?” Rocket asked impatiently.

“I don’t remember anything after being taken away from the party” I admitted.

“The fucker threw a rock at your head and knocked you out” Rocket explained. I felt the back of my head. It had been heavily bandaged, and was painful to touch.

“The stuff he was going to do to you…” Rocket clenched his fists “I don’t think I should tell you”

“Tell me” I ordered “I have a right to know”

“He was going to try and rape you” Rocket punched the bed as he spoke, his expression was one of pure anger.

I nodded, and felt my heart sinking to the pit of my stomach.

“Did he actually…?”

“No” he interrupted me, knowing what I was about to say. I felt relieved.

“I intervened and attacked him. Got a few bruises from it” he lifted his shirt slightly to reveal a horrible purplish-black bruise up the side of his stomach “But I was stronger than him. I broke his nose and he cleared off”

“But…how did you know that was happening if you weren’t at the party?” I asked.

“I was watching over you from the balcony” he admitted “Those kind of parties are dangerous. Anything could have happened to you. And when I saw you being carried away by that dumbass, I ran after you and hid myself behind a rock”

“He was watching over me? Holy crap…he really does care!”

“Umm…thanks” I muttered “Boy, do I feel stupid now. How long was I unconscious for?”

“A few hours” he said grimly “All that happened at 11pm…it’s 2.30am now”

“Three and a half hours…” I whispered disbelievingly.

“I think you’re alright though. I took a look at your head and it’s just a small gash the bleeding has stopped. And you’re clearly not concussed or anything so I think you’ll be okay. I’d recommend spending a couple of days in bed though just to recover fully” he said.

“But, Rocket…why?” I breathed.

“Why what?”

“Why do all this for me?”

“If I hadn’t have done this, you’d have been raped, and would be in a much worse state than you are now” he said bluntly.

“But…you were watching over me?”