38)I Have To Share A Room With This Strange, Delinquent, Gorgeous Boy? WHY ME!?

I stood leaning against the railing of the balcony outside of my bedroom, staring contentedly out at the ocean. I was happier than I could possibly be. Everything was so perfect.

Someone tapped me on the shoulder, and I turned around to find myself faced with Tom, who was smirking knowledgeably.

“What do you look so smug about?” I asked.

“Noooothing.” he replied, as his grin widened.

“What is it?” I demanded.

“Well, it’s two things.” he replied.

“And those are…?”

He whipped the shiny French paper out of his pocket and waved it triumphantly in front of my face, “I told you it was a sign.” he said.

I sighed, and then laughed, “What’s the second thing?”

He looked down and grinned sheepishly, “I might have…met someone.”

“Really!?” I grinned “What’s his name? Is he good looking?”

“Well…” Tom began, “His name is Dom.”

“Tom and Dom.” I giggled.

“And he works at that little coffee shop just outside the centre of town. I’m supposed to be meeting up with him later today.” he said.

“Go for it.” I said.

“I’m pretty nervous though. I haven’t dated anyone in like three million years.” he said.

“I’m fairly sure you haven’t been alive that long, Tom. But anyway, you have no reason to be nervous, you’re like the most awesome person ever.” I assured him.

“Thanks. Hey, do you know what time it is?” he asked.

I took my iPod out of my pocket and pressed a random button, causing the screen to light up, “10:47.” I said.

“Shit. I gotta go help Rocket with…something.”

“Something?”

“Yeah…something…” he directed his gaze to the floor “Umm…it would help if you got yourself out of the way for a while. Hunter offered to take you to the movie theatre.”

“Why do I need to get out of the way?” I asked suspiciously.

“Because…umm…BYE!” he suddenly dashed back into the house and down the stairs faster than I could blink. That certainly wasn’t much of a conversation. Clearly, they were up to something, but I decided that I’d leave them to whatever it was they were plotting and hope that the reprocussions of doing so wouldn’t be too disastrous. I did as Tom suggested and went to the cinema with Hunter. We very nearly got kicked out because Hunter harassed the woman at the conscession stand too much trying to persuade her to give him free nachos. In the end, I paid for the nachos for him and dragged him away before he could cause too much damage. It was like taking care of a small child.

“To Screen 7!” he declared, forming the Superman pose and dashing off down the corridor at full speed.

“Hunter, slow down or I won’t by you any more candy!” I warned. He immediately halted and dropped the pose. This behaviour continued throughout almost the entire film. We got thrown out before the end of the film because Hunter decided to stand up on the seats and belt out an extremely loud and off-key version of “This Is England” by The Clash. I’m not quite sure what inspired him to sing this, because we clearly weren’t in England, but it was entertaining nevertheless. As we left the theatre, my stomach hurt from laughing too much.