~18~

It's New Year's Eve and Farkle is being weird, he keeps acting as if somethings up and if you ask about Riley he will completely avoid you. I even asked if she still liked Lucas but he denied it in a wink, surely she doesn't though. As far as I know she's going out with Charlie Gardner. We know Maya likes him. I've tried to speak to Lucas about it but he won't open up. I even questioned whether he liked her, then I came back to reality. So tonight everyone was going up to the roof to watch the fire works. I was getting ready in my room trying to find an outfit. It was gonna be cold but I don't really feel the cold. I decided on an Alice in Wonderland themed outfit considering it was one of my favourites. I curled my hair and started to make my way to the living room when Farkle and another figure jumped out at me.
"AHHH!" I screeched as Farkle went straight over the top and I landed on top of Lucas as I fell.
"You scared the living daylights out of me!" I screeched at them.
Farkle was rolling around laughing and Lucas looked like he was gonna wet himself. I looked him dead in the eyes and growled.
"As if you don't like this." Lucas said to me, I was still on top of him.
"No, I don't." I scoffed.
"Then why haven't you moved?" He asked with a smirk.
"Because I....." I didn't have a comeback so I jumped off.
We got up and walked to the door. We stopped with the window when one day Farkle was going through and when he got there Riley was standing in nothing but her underwear and bras. So that put a stop to that.
"Come on ratbags lets go." I said to them as we walked out the door. The halls were decorated with Christmas ornaments all of them had at least a wreath except the house down the hall the one that lived in there, she was the cranky old lady that lived across the hall. It's pretty cliché she's lived here all her life and she hates anyone who wasn't here when she was, except for one. I reckon she's got the hots for The guy next to her, He's the cranky old man, at least his door is decorated. We took the elevator down two floors to Riley's house. We knocked on the door which had the biggest wreath if ever seen. All of a sudden Charlie Gardner answered and it was a stare down between him and Lucas.
"Hi, Charlie I would appreciate that you stop checking out my boyfriend because as far as I know your girlfriend is in there and I'm pretty sure she wouldn't want to find out your gay." I smirked at him.
"Pfft." Lucas let out a little laugh though I could tell it was fake.
Charlie stopped staring at Lucas and put on a huge smile. "That's right, you too are dating. How fun is that. Lucas?" He said.
"Shut up Charlie." Lucas growled.
"Charlie who's there?" Riley's voice came from the house.
"Just our lovely friends." Charlie called out he moved to let us in and as Lucas walked past I heard Charlie whisper in his ear. "When you gonna tell her, cowboy?" He smirked.
I chose to ignore it and walked in. "Hey there Alice!" Riley called to me.
"My names Lexi!" I called out.
"We know girly." Maya said as we all linked arms.
"So how've you been?" I asked.
"Dude we saw you yesterday." They said.
"I know." We walked over to Lucas and Farkle who was watching the door for Smackle to arrive.
"Hey where's Zay?" Riley asked Lucas who was staring at Maya, I didn't have a clue what was going on but I felt as if Charlie, Riley, Maya and Lucas know more than me and Farkle.
"At Vanessa's winter formal." I said with a smirk on my face.
"Ooh" Riley cooed. At that moment my phone beeped.
From Zay:
Dude help me! I don't know these people and I haven't peed in like three hours but Vanessa won't let go of  me and I don't wanna be here any more, na uh, tired. of. This. BS. I laughed and read out the text in Zays voice. After I texted back.
To Zay:
Dude! Your fault you went. Have fun and HAPPY NEW YEARS. I texted back. Then I checked the time.
11:55PM
"Guys we gotta go up." I said. Smackle had arrived.
"Let's go." Riley said. We went up to the roof using the stair well. And when we got up there it was 11:57PM I was standing with Lucas, Riley with Charlie, Farkle with Smackle and Maya by herself. Then the countdown started. I looked into Lucas's eyes.
"Five!" We all started.
"Four!"
"Three!"
"Two."
"On-"
"RILEY STILL LIKES LUCAS!"
"LUCAS KISSED MAYA!"
I was in a daze. Fireworks were going off inside my brain. I didn't know what to comprehend. The first from Farkle? Or second from Charlie? I looked at Maya who was frozen, Riley who was staring at the ground and then Lucas. He was looking at me. A desperate look in his eyes as if begging me to shoot him in the head. (😏😰😭)
"I-is it true?" I asked Lucas. He didn't answer.
"LUCAS! Is. It. True?" I said tears welling in my eyes.
"Yes." He said. At that moment something in my body broke. My heart shattered. I felt like I was dying. No this was worse. Then I looked to Riley who had it all on her face.
Both were true.
I started to walk from the roof. "Lexi wait." Lucas called.
"What?" I asked.
"Are we done?." He asked. He had a sad look in his eyes but behind there was something else, something I saw when he was about to ask me out. Hope. He hoped for a beginning and now he's hoping for an end. And that's what he's gonna get.
"What do you think?" I asked him hoping the look would vanish and he would beg for forgiveness. Well that wasn't coming.
"I don't know?"
"What do you want?" I asked.
"For you to be happy." He said. That made me break even more.
"Well you ruined that when you kissed. Her." I said the last part bitterly and I had every right to. These people were never my friends.
"So we're over?" He asked and that look of hope? He didn't even try to hide it. His eyes were swimming in it now. His deep brown eyes. The ones that I fell in love with three years ago on the subway.
"Yes Lucas, were over."

______________

So how is that for an ending? I spent a few months on this book and get ready because another is in its way. I finished the last chapter (this chapter) on Wednsday 20 of July 2016 and released the first chapter to the public on 01/06/16. I hope you enjoyed this and be ready for the next book called.
Angels can't cry. [2]The Cowboys and City Girls Trilogy.
Thank you all for reading and when I have made the trailer for the next book I will release in my message board the link so make sure to follow! Thank you all and until next time.

Word count: 1144
Edited: No