Chapter 5 - She Was Pretty

{Ji Yong's POV}

The manager called and told me that I got promoted, meaning that I will get an extra pay. Each week. For a second, I needed my brain to process. Where was she, Maya? She is one of those weird girls who parents leave after they have a loan, those are the vibes I get from her. She was pretty, but most of all I pitied her. She might think I like her or something or maybe freaked out by how many times we bumped into each other.

But most importantly I had to thank her for talking with the manager. Even though it's a payback, my mother taught me to still say thank you, even if it is a payback for a favor. My time was up so I had to go to the convenience store. Maybe I could see her and then thank her.

*At 12PM*

I arrived the convenience store to get ready for my shift. After I entered the store, my manager looked at me and shook his head. "Why are you late?"

"I was stuck in traffic, sorry," he said bowing down.

"Then why do you work all the way in Gangnam?! Does it make any sense?"

"Sorry."

"Why to waste so much money!"

I just looked at him as he frowned.

"You're fired!"

I was shocked, why?

"Why? manager!"

"Look at your face, people might want to avoid a shop that has a gangster in."

"I was helping a person from a weird man who following-"

"Why do you interfere in people's life? Whether they live or die! Why do you care? Take care of yourself and health. Don't give a damn bout others, that's how you succeed!". There he goes again, talking bout himself like he's a god! Damn, he's just a convenience store owner. Yes, I am nothing. I am just a trash bag that's floating in the air. I am just a poor orphan who is doing everything to survive and keep my mom happy from above. She's probably looking at me and is smiling, "My son, be patient. You surely will succeed as a human being."

I ignored him and asked him to just work one last shift till the evening, so at least I could get paid for today's fare.

He just looked at me and smiled, "Okay, but don't pass by here anymore."

Means no more Maya, wait! Why am I thinking about her I just need to thank her, why am I worrying about her. She's just a person to feel sorry for!

After the shift, I got my pay and went back to Gangnam. To the bar, where I served people some alcohol. I saw people hitting on each other, cheating and having affairs and leaving each other. Yes, there were many depressed people who took their last drink before they killed themselves or die.

I left for the bus station and left for Gangnam.

*At Gangnam*

I entered the bar and my co-worker patted my back. "You came early today!"

"Yeah, I was fired."

"From where?!"

"The store."

He looked at me and smiled, "You should be happy! That man was an asshole, he didn't pay you well neither did her respect his workers. It's a good thing. Everything happens for a reason."

I just nodded.

"By the way, the boss will be very happy today! You came early and we are having extra customers today. So means?"

"More work", I smirked.

He hit my head, "No you idiot, more money!"

"You really live for money."

"Don't you?"

"I do. But for a good reason, I need money to pay off loans and survive. Not to hide in my bank or be greedy."

He whined, "You and your stupid personality." he looked at me and slapped my head again. "Who do you think you are? Buddha?!"

I just looked at him and said, "Ya! I will do my work. You do yours. Kanda(I'm leaving)."

"Where?"

I just left and showed my hand to him.

As I left the staff room I met up with my boss. He patted my back, "Good, your early! I'll pay you well!"

I bowed down and said, "Thank you."

He just patted my back, nodded and smiled. He was a great boss, but if you slacked. You would get it from him.

As I changed into my work clothes, I met up with Min Young. She also worked here and she was like my little sister. "Oppa!" she said hugging me.

"Min Young-iy"

"Oppa! I got a new job," she said excitedly.

"Where?"

"I am going to sing!"

"Where?"

"I just signed a contract with an entertainment company!"

"Congrats, you deserve it!" I smiled and patted her head.

Min Young was a beautiful person who deserved the heavens and the sky. She also sounded like an angel. Mostly she looked like my younger sister. The thought of my sister made me sad.

"Okay, I have to go!" she said smiling.

This is why boss must have been in a good mood. A waitress from his bar is going to be a singer. He's gonna hit the jackpot.

As I left the bar, I saw a drunken customer. She was crying her eyes out as I went towards her. "Maam, I think you should leave. You are very drunk!"

She looked at me and smiled, "It's you! Ji Young!"

As I looked at her face, it was a wasted Maya. She was completely drunk, she then fainted. I saw her card and paid for all her drinks and put back her card in her wallet. There was no one to take her home, I just called a cab to take her home and paid for the ride and gave the driver my phone number in case something happens.

She looked at me from the window and blew a kiss and I became flustered. 

OMG, GUYS I AM SOOOOO SORRY THAT I DELAYED THIS CHAPTER!!!! 

The thing is I didn't get any inspiration so I couldn't force myself to do this! :0

Anyways, I hope you liked this chapter. Don't forget to follow, vote and comment below :)

Thank you~