Chapter 4

After waiting for long tedious hours in silence, I was starting to slowly loose my sanity. With every passed minute it fell towards a chasm. Around the time that my sanity was close to finally slipping away, the truck stopped.

At first I thought it was a hallucination due to dehydration. I immediately strained my ears and listened carefully to the sounds around me. After a few seconds I could tell that the truck was indeed stopped. It was silent. The rhythm that the truck had once made the whole ride, the rhythm I knew, had ceased.

One exhausting and long journey had just ended. I only hoped another one would not begin. After what seemed like minutes, the back door to the truck opened.

I squinted my eyes because I was expecting it to be bright, but it was not. When I looked out of the opened truck doors, I gaped in shock because of the lack of scenery. I only saw two things. The driver and the men that had been in the front of the truck and darkness.

"Where's the sun!" I said suddenly out of annoyance. Jim was about to open his mouth but one of the other men spoke first.

"Get use to it. You scumbag will never see the sun again in your pathetic life. You'll be spending it here, deep underground." This man's voice was pure hate.

"Geez loueez. You could have just said we were underground" I responded. He quickly jumped into the truck. Immediately after he reached me, he pulled out a roll of duct tape that was conveniently hanging from his belt. Then he got to work on my face.

"That's the right thing to do with people like him." Jim snarled, which was not surprising. I tried to curse at him but it came out in mmffs. One thing about this confused me a lot.

How did we get underground when the truck had not stopped moving? Had we gradually went down a slope or was something else going on? Before I could think any farther, the man who had forcibly shut my mouth pulled out a key. He inserted it into a section on the floor and after fumbling with it, unlocked the part of my handcuffs that were strapped to the truck.

I was just about to stand up when the man barked, "Stand up now and follow that man there."He pointed to one of his colleagues that was in the front. His colleague and him were similar. Tall and muscular, both wearing identical dark blue outfits. They both walked confidently and gave out a powerful aura.

These men made me lose all my thoughts of escaping. With these men around I felt that I was trapped. Constricted to wherever they told me to be. I stood up immediately after the man ordered me to.

My knee cracked and when I stepped forward I felt that my legs were stiff. Not to mention that one was half asleep which limited my walking ability quite a bit. It also did not help that I was weak due to hunger and thirst.

For these reasons, I moved in a limp to the end of the truck. The man's colleague shouted, "Move faster." I couldn't of course but he did not know that. For all he knew this was some joke to me or I was intentionally being uncooperative.

Soon the man grew impatient, "Adam, tell him to move faster." Now I knew the man behind me, who had also unlocked me, was Adam. I stored that in my memory feeling better. The more I learned the better. Some things that seem small can make a big difference.

Adam shoved me from behind and I fell out of the truck's back. I tried to land on my feet but I could not. At the last moment I also tried to spread my arms out but they were handcuffed. Hence I hit the cold hard ground and the marks Jim previously gave me lit up in pain again.

Where was Jim, that little smug dipshit. I looked up and saw him looking down on me, his face lit up in a cruel smile.

Adam gently hopped of the truck and roughly picked me up. Then he pushed me forward and I stumbled on my feet, struggling to keep my balance. I teetered and tottered and fell again. I was too weak and could not even support myself.

I guess Adam finally realized this. He called the other men over to him. "Bulgar won't be able to walk, one of us will have to help him out." he said. Immediately all but Jim refused the offer. I looked him in the eyes and felt sick, this would not be good.