Chapter Four

Chapter Four

I stared at my music sheet, looking over the notes before holding up my violin to my chin and began to slide the bow gently into the strings.

I was playing smoothly until someone tap their stick into my stand.

This startled me before looking up, staring into their strict blue eyes.

"Miss Jones! What did I tell you about bringing your personal issues in this lesson?" Mrs. Howard glared at me before walking away.

I rolled my eyes before hearing her yell to start all over. She started to play a piece on her piano which is Talking to the Moon by Bruno Mars.

I scrunched at the thought of Mrs. Howard knowing the song when she's in her late 50's. I was assuming that with an old lady like her, she would be playing classic songs or country songs like Beethoven or John Meyer.

But I wasn't complaining. I literally love the song so much. 

The sound that is being made in the room is marvelous. There are ten students in my class. There are three of us that are playing the violin, two students with the piano, two students for the guitar and three for the xylophone.

Mrs. Howard is at her late 50's, yes, as I said. She is quite short, about 4'9 ft. Her hair is always put on a bun. Her dark-brown eyes always stern as she looks at you. It wanted to make me shrink to the bottom. What makes her lovely is her puffy cheeks.

She has been teaching the youth for about fifteen years. Her husband gave her a property as their 1st year wedding anniversary and Mrs. Ben thought of doing it as a musical workshop for the youth. When I found this about ten years ago, I totally convinced my Mom to let me join.

And now, I'm totally happy with it.

Even though my instructor isn't that lovely and charming.

Mrs. Howard tapped her stick twice, signalling us that we're dismissed and free to go.

I screamed mentally in my head before packing up everything. People start going out of the room, leaving me alone with two other students and of course, Mrs. Howard.

"Miss Jones!" I raised my head, confused. I noticed her signalling me to come near her. I groaned.

What did she want now?

I shrug my bag behind my back before approaching the devil herself.

"Yes, Miss Jones?" I purr in my fake sweet voice. Mrs. Howard narrowed her eyes at me before bringing out several music sheets.

"I want you to practice all over these songs and on the next two weeks, I'll be listening to you and decide if you're going to be in the recital." she simply said before walking out of the music room.

I was frozen on the spot.

O M G! Finally!

I'm going to have my ever first recital.

Wait there!

She said "IF".

Damn!

After ten years of practicing nonstop and creating a cover of my favorite songs, I get to finally be on a stage and perform!

This is so damn exciting! 

But I need more practice so that I'll be part of the recital.

You're not going to regret this, Mrs. Howard!

I went out of the studio feeling happy and excited.

But someone had to ruin it.

I stayed on my spot, shooting daggers at the person I didn't want to see and mostly didn't want to communicate.