Prologue

Prologue

8 years ago...

          "... For his spirit will always remain safe in heaven, may he rest in peace."

I didn't listen to what the priest was saying. I stared at the white box. My papa was in there, sleeping. My father who died of cancer early in his stage. That's what my mother told me. Mom ignored everyone after dad's burial in the cemetery. Everyone was miserable. I cried in bed while hearing my older brother, Jay and my older sister, Kendall arguing of something I don't know. I went to Mom's room and found her holding into Dad's favourite shirt and cry all the pain out. I know she misses him. I miss him too.

          I walked inside, still wearing my floral dress. Mom looked up and when she saw me, she wipes her face off, puts down dad's favourite shirt and opens her arms. I run to her and cried.

          "Emma, I want you to know that mommy and daddy loves you. You are so young to witness your father's death but we didn't have a choice but to see him die. Please understand that God is taking him. Always remember that daddy will always be up there looking out for us wherever we go. Alright, darling?"

          Those were the words that made me strong after a week of dad's death. Those words made me remember that life isn't fair. It is a time that when life get to be in the end. Life has its own choices. You either live or die.

          Luke, my childhood friend tried to make me happy as we play on our backyard playground. There came a time when everything has to change.

          "Emmy. Let's play catch the ball." Luke shouts. Oh he is so cute.

          "But I'm tired Lukey!" I simply groaned.

          "Please Emmy." He said doing his puppy face.

          I nodded and took the ball out of his hands. We would pass the ball from lowest to the highest. We would also play basketball. We would also play soccer when until Luke kick the ball past me and went on to the other side of the road.

          "I'm gonna get it!" I shouted and run to the other side. That's when I became stupid. I didn't look from left to right like what dad told me. I didn't see it coming but when I was about to reach the ball, I heard Luke calling out my name but the words were a blur to my ears. That's when I fell and felt the ground. I raised my hand into my head and when I saw the blood, I didn't know what happened next but the last thing I heard is someone telling me to stay awake.

Comment & Vote :)