Chapter 11

Moments with Little Gray

.

.

.

by ILoveCelestialIce

.

.

.

Chapter 11

.

.

.

A week passed by like a breeze. But still, only Lucy and Mira were the only ones that the raven-haired boy trusts. Sure, he never hides his face on Lucy’s neck anymore and sure, he never insisted on being carried anymore but those are the only things that changed.

He never played with anyone except for Lucy, Plue and Mira.

But he does ‘fight’ a lot with Natsu and Erza. Glaring at them until they get annoyed, calling them names like ‘Pinky-nii’ and ‘Kowaii-nee’, and showing them his tongue were three of the many others. Those kinds of ‘fights’.  Of course Lucy would be there to smack Natsu over the head whenever he’s about to tackle the boy or saying things like ‘asshole’, ‘bastard’ or ‘brat’. And Gray would always snicker at the sight of the salmon-headed lad.

Then again, that’s not something to be surprised about.

Lucy sighed when Natsu and Gray are at it again― calling each other names such as ‘ice princess’, ‘Pinky’, ‘stripper’, ‘Pinky’, ‘snowcone’ or… err… ‘Pinky’ (you can’t blame him― Gray’s yet to be imaginative with words). While everyone else finds it gratifying, Lucy on the other hand wasn't amused and scolded Natsu to think about the consequences of saying those things to a child, which earned her a pout.

“He’s the one who started it,” he complained as he watched Lucy carry Gray in her arms.

“Yet you’re older and should know better,” she retaliated.

“Why are you always siding with him? He’s done something to be scolded about, too, you know.”

Lucy paused. He does have a point. She thought. If she continued with this, Gray might grow being a spoiled brat.

The blonde sighed, disregarding Natsu’s comments when he thought she ignored him. She walked towards one of the guild’s many tables and placed Gray on it while she slid on the seat provided. Lucy sighed once again before looking Gray in the eye.

“Gray,” she called, “It’s wrong to fight with people older than you.”

The said boy looked at her and pursed his lips but Lucy continued. “And it’s wrong to call them names. His name―” Lucy pointed at Natsu, “is Natsu, not Pinky, okay? And she’s Erza” then her finger traveled to the redheaded teammate.

The boy remained quiet as he listened and glare at Natsu for having a stupid smirk playing along his lips. “But Pinky-nii started it,” Gray pouted and looked down that Lucy had to repeat herself.

“Look, Gray. I know why you’re being like this,” she said, earning Gray’s eyes, “you’re still mad at them for treating you bad, right?” she said pertaining the day that Natsu, Erza, and Happy went back from the job with Gray secured on a baby holder bag.

And Gray simply nodded, reluctantly.

Lucy sighed. “You know, forgiveness is one key to a healthy relationship― be it with family or friends (even lovers). And I know it’s hard, but you’ll see a positive output afterwards.”

Gray pouted even more. “They not say sowwy.”

And Lucy once again paused. Her head snapped at Natsu and Erza who both flinched at her gaze. “You two are at fault here, too. So say sorry and ask for forgiveness from Gray.”

“What?! No wa―ACK!” Natsu was about to protest but Erza pulled his ears towards Lucy and Gray before smiling.

“I’m sorry, Gray. I admit that we don’t know how to take care of a child and it’s the exact reason why we treated you like that. But even so, we should’ve known better and I ask you to forgive us for doing it. We never should’ve done what we did.” said Erza, earning her looks of shock and bewilderment from everyone present.

The redhead then looked at Natsu and urges him to do the same using her piercing gaze, but Natsu merely pouted and looked away before muttering a single word only Lucy, Erza and Gray could hear. “Sorry.”

Lucy smiled before turning her head to Gray to find him gazing at Erza and Natsu. He turned his whole body towards them and voiced out something Lucy was so proud of him about. “Sowwy, Erza-nee, Natsu-nii. Gurei fow-give you. Fow-give Gurei, too?”

Erza blushed and Natsu’s eyes widen before grinning at the raven-haired boy.

“Good boy,”

Gray turned his head to the side after hearing this and closes his eyes when he felt a hand patting his head tenderly. The moment he opened his eyes, he saw the blonde’s warm smile and he couldn’t help but cry.

“Uwaaaaah~!”

The cry surprises everyone. But Lucy understands him.

She took Gray’s frail form and cradled him on her lap, hugging him like a mother would. Lucy smiled while rocking Gray to and fro, whispering soothing words to calm the boy down.

“I’m not mad at you,” she simply said making everyone understand.

..ooOoo..