Part 14

You watch as the soldiers prepare their gears, horses, and themselves too.

" Are you sure you're going to be ok here?" Eren asked you.

" Should you really be the one asking that?" You said.

" You should still be careful though. You might get attacked again." Armin tried to warn you.

" Yeah, I will." You said while smiling at them.

" Get in position!" Squad Leader Dita announced.

" Take care (Y/n)!" Mikasa shouted as they walked off to prepare for the expedition.

" You too!" You said while waving at them.

" Cadet (L/n)!" Someone called your name making you look around. You saw Levi walking towards you.

" What is it, Sir?" You said while saluting at him and looking away. Until now, you still felt awkward around him because of the very fact that something changed between you two.

" I have a task for you while your left here. Clean the headquarters while were gone." Levi ordered.

" Oh come on! I thought I finally had a day off." You said.

" I can't let you do nothing." Levi replied.

" Fine." You said while pouting.

After you said that, it went silent again, making you feel uneasy.

" I should get going." Levi told you, maybe sensing how anxious you were.

" Don't die." You said as you looked at him; these being the only words that you can think of.

" I won't." He said as he walked away.
___

You sighed as sweat trickled down your forehead. You have been cleaning for an hour now and honestly, you really think that it's impossible for you to clean the whole headquarters. You decided to take a break.

You came across a room that doesn't need any cleaning at all but you still went in anyway.

"Curiosity killed the cat." You mumbled to yourself.

You looked around the room and went to the Corporal's desk. You saw so many paper works but nonetheless they were still neatly stacked.

Next to the desk was a cabinet, you opened it and saw clothing and cleaning supplies inside.

You started skipping and examing the room further, looking at every single thing and trying to memorize every part.

After looking at the dust-free drawers, you suddenly tripped on something, making you fall. Luckily, the bed caught you.

Without nothing else to do, you started rolling on the bed, loving how soft the mattress is. Your left hand went under the pillow while you were rolling and you felt something underneath.

It strangely felt like paper.

You started to pull it out and in a blink of an eye, you were sitting up, the piece of paper in your hands.

The certain paper has a heart drawn in front of it.

Wait. This is way too familiar.

Oh my god.

You opened it and indeed, it was the letter that you intended to give to Levi.