Part 18

A/N: BEFORE READING, read the last chapter bec you won't understand what's happening.

It has been a year.

Many things changed.

Many things happened without him.

You can't forget him. Everything reminds you of him. You still see his face in your head everyday. You still hear his voice. And you ask yourself, is it okay? Is it okay to let the misery take over you again?

" Cadet (Y/n)! Hurry up!" Hange called out to you while you were carrying boxes and throwing things around your room.

" Yes Hange!" You replied.

Surprisingly, you became Hange's assistant, with Moblit, and you started helping her in her experiments. You were currently moving to the office next to hers.

You started to walk, a heavy box in your arms, when you bumped into Jean.

" Oh hey (Y/n)! That looks heavy." Jean remarked.

" It is. Care to help me and act like a gentleman for once?" You said.

" I am a gentleman!" Jean said as he got the box and started carrying it. You snorted, him glaring at you. "Where are you headed to anyway?"

" The office next to Hange's." You told him in a low voice.

" Oh Corporal Lev-" Jean stopped as he glanced at you nervously ." I mean, that office."

Everyone knew. Especially your friends. They were careful. Careful not to make you remember again. They never mentioned his name again when you were there.

" Yes." You replied shortly as both of you arrived at the destination.

" Okay then. I gotta go." Jean told you, handing the box and leaving you in the room with boxes scattered across the floor. " Ugh, I still need to finish my report."

You continued to walk and set the box down in the table. You slid your fingers across the table and there was so much dust.

' He's not gonna be happy about this.' You taught but shook your head after.

" (Y/n)!" Someone shouted behind you.

" Hey Eren." You said as you turned around.

" I didn't know they were going to place you here." Eren said while he walked towards you with a concerned look in his face. He reached out for your hand and held it with his own. "You can switch with me."

Eren was now Erwin's right hand and you can say that things changed between you two.

You and Eren were in a relationship.

But you knew that it was just out of pity, him telling you that you still had him and he can fill the spot that he left so that he can help you move on.

Mikasa didn't agree with you two at first but she knew what happened to you, how empty your eyes look everyday you waited, waited for him to come back.

You tried to feel happy, but Eren wasn't him.

" Im ok Eren. This place just needs cleaning." You replied

" Are you sure?" He asked and you nodded in reply. " Ok then, if you say so." He told you while he reached out for your hair and put a strand behind your face. " I need to go, there's a meeting. Just call me if you need anything ok?"

" Ok."

You stared at the doorway as he left while you held your own hands. You didn't love Eren and he knew that but he said that it was okay, he told you to just let him care for you.