Part 15

(Disclaimer)Parts from the chapters 15-17, were copied from the original anime.

The survey corps advanced, starting the 57th expedition. Their original destination was Eren's house located in Wall Maria, Shiganshina District but they were currently heading to a forest full of big trees.

With confusion and hesitation , they still followed. It was obvious, how their numbers fell into few because of the right wing being wiped up and all the attacks that took place.

The people in the center of the position were the only ones that entered the forest, while the people on the sides were tasked to guard the outside of it.

They were all confused of the situation that took place because they didn't know the plan or if there even was a plan.

"Corporal! Corporal Levi!" Eren shouted as their horses ran in the middle of the forest.

" What?" Levi said.

" Sir, we're on a forest. We won't see a Titan until it's right on top of us. Something is coming from the right, so what are we supposed to do? Avoid Titans or defend the wagons?" Eren said.

" Quit whining and move on from the obvious already. Neither of those aren't an option anymore." Levi replied.

" W- what are you talking about?" Eren asked.

" Haven't you noticed what's around you? Take a look at these big ass trees. Perfect environment for 3DMG, wouldn't you say? Take my advice Eren, calm down and use your head. The best survival tool is your brain." Levi spoke.

" Yes sir." Eren replied as he realized that the Corporal was right. Eren was new to this so this was surely going to mess with his brain.

' I should learn from these guys.' Eren reminded himself as he looked around but he saw the faces of his Comrades were also scrunched up, giving an expression that they didn't know what was happening either.

Just as Eren started doubting things, there was black smoke that came behind them.

" Black smoke!" Eren shouted. " It's right behind us."

" Blades drawn, now!" Levi announced. " It will happen in a blink of an eye, be ready."

And just as the Corporal said,

In a blink on an eye, a soldier was killed right beside all of them, and the Female Titan was instantly close, running after them in a fast phase.

" Go! Move!" Levi shouted.

" It's catching up!"

" Captain! Engage the 3DMG? Captain!"

" Captain your orders!"

" It's dangerous! Let's take it out! Tell us to engage, Sir!"

" Captain!"

" We need your orders!"

" She's gaining on us!"

Countless shouts were heard but Corporal Levi didn't say a thing.

" Everyone, cover your ears now!" This was the only order that Levi gave before firing up a signal flare.

___

You stared at the letter in your hands, still wondering why it was here.

A sudden wind blew, making the paper slip out of your grasp.

It went under the bed. You groaned as you got out of the soft mattress and got on your knees so you can reach for it. Surprisingly, there were so much crumpled paper under.

You started to wonder why they were there on the first place, seeing how much of a clean freak Levi is. You reached out for one of the crumpled papers and started opening it, straightening it on the process.

Your eyes went wide and your breath hitched when you looked at the content.

You saw your name on it.

It wrote " Dear, (Y/n)" on the most upper part. You tried to read what was written under but it was a mess.

You reached for a crumpled paper again and saw the same thing.

Dear (Y/n),

Followed by writings that were not understandable to you because the writer messily erased the words with the ink. All the words were scribbled and you can see how few of the letters were covered by a stain of coffee or tea.

You continuosly opened them and noticed that there were different words written. Sometimes, it reached up to a few paragraphs, but then sometimes it was just few sentences. It was almost like the writer never got contented on what he or she wrote.

You started to get more and more curious, and by time you already opened most of the papers, you noticed two letters that weren't scrunched up.

You recognized one, it was your letter, the one you were originally looking for. But the other paper was foreign to you.

You reached out to get it, slowly opening the paper. You didn't know why but it felt important.

You held your breath as you scanned through the paper.

The letters were neatly written, elegantly and carefully to be precise. It wasnt like the other crumpled papers that you saw. It was almost as if, there were two different writers.

Your fingers touched the paper, scheming over the letters one by one.

But then, your world stopped when you realized what was written. You didn't believe them at first so you read it over and over and over again.

It was only a few words, but they were enough.

More than enough.

A/N: Our computer got busted so I wasnt able to properly edit this chapter, but here it is anyway! Until the next chapter.