Chapter 13

"(Friend 1), (Friend 2); I'll be right back!" They both shrugged and ate their sandwiches as you dashed out after Hinata. You caught up with him while he was standing outside the sports hall. You noticed that he was looking unusually starry eyed.

"Are you really that into volleyball?" Hinata's head nearly snapped off his neck with how violently he nodded.

"OK then, follow me, I know the captain personally." Hinata froze.

'Personally? Is she dating the captain? Oh gosh! Please no!" Hinata thought. He watched you saunter into the gym and tap what he assumed was the captains shoulder. The boy had tightly cut brown hair and when he turned around his face lit up in a huge cheek splitting grin. The boy embraced you, lifting you into the air and whirling around. Hinata nervously walked in.

'Is that the type of guy she likes?' He was tall, around Haiba Lev's height, had soft green eyes which quickly hardened when the boy saw Hinata.

"Caspian, this is Hinata the guy that's staying with me and my friends." Caspian got into Hinata's face giving him a horrifying look that made Hinata want to cry.

"You better not cause my cousin any trouble!" Cousin?! Oh thank God! Hinata's posture deflated a bit with relief but also a bit of submission. Caspian laughed loudly and stood back up to his full height. Hinata became slightly intimidated but stood as tall as he could.

"Hinata wants to join the team." Caspian looked confused.

"Shrimpy?"

"No, Hinata."

"He's a bit short don't you think?"

"I may be short, but I can jump!" You looked at the child sized volleyball nerd. Did he really use that line?

"Oh yeah? Go on show us. What position do you play?"

"Spiker!"

"What?! Seriously? I thought you'd be a, I dunno... A libero or a setter."

"Nope! I'm gonna be like the 'Small Giant'!" Caspian looked at you and cocked an eyebrow as if to ask "Who's the Small Giant?" You shook your head.

The setters took their place at the net waiting to have a little trial. They greeted Hinata.

"I'm Eli, I'm the teams second setter, I work best with slower attacks, I'm not as good as Nate!" Nate went a bit pink and held his hand out for Hinata to shake.

"I'm Nate, I'm good at fast precise attacks but I'm bad at slower attacks," he shot Eli a look. "Who do you want to set the ball?"

"I'm good at fast attacks so could you do it Nate? Please?" Nate nodded and Eli waved goodbye.

"3...2...1... GO!" Caspian called. Eli was on the other side of the net, planning on trying to block it. Nate and Hinata nodded to each other and Hinata ran to the net, Nate prepared a toss. Hinata swung his arms forward and propelled off the ground, everyone was so stunned that Nate didn't even toss the ball. Hinata swung at air and landed confused. Everyone stood, suspended in shock, mouths wide open. Hinata looked at you and thought you still looked very cute with your mouth hanging open, eyebrows about to leave to space and eyes wide revealing the beautiful (eye colour) eyes that resided in your head. Hinata sighed a little dreamily before snapping back to his task at hand.

"What's wrong?"

____________________________________________________

A bit of a longer one this time!

Word Count: 566