Chapter 5

trap1/trap/verb

  --prevent (someone) from escaping from a place.  

Laisser came over to me. His right hand reaching out to touch my skin. It did, but with incredible care. He seemed almost hesitant. Laisser's hand shook before he retreated his hand back to his side.

I sighed. My right hand moved on it's own. Before I knew it my hand was in cased in his. Laisser's porcelain skin was cold to the touch. My eyes went up to meet his.

Laisser had his head tucked down to cover his cheeks, that were dusted a light pink. His hair wasn't long enough. My free hand reached up to brush the hair out of his face only for my hand to be swatted away by black clouds hovering around like an aura. My hand went back to my side but my other still held his other hand. Every part of me felt cold except for that hand that touched his skin.

I eyed the black mass until they seemed like nothing. My green orbs went back up to him.

I opened my mouth only for nothingness to come out. I quickly pursed them shut and looked away from him. I hadn't noticed the dark trees around us. Or the black vines with inch long thorns thatched at my feet. The grass was dark and it matched the color of the sky above--that I barely glanced at. There was no moon to light the way, but somehow there was light here. It was just enough light for me to see the blush still plastered on his cheeks. The black mist was lurking in the trees. A tendril caught my gaze as it with drawled back into the darkness.

It was alive.

His free hand lifted my chin up so I had to look at him. Laisser's eyes were glowing gold now. They looked identical to Miles'. I flinched when Laisser pressed against my body. His lips curved up into a smirk. Then they parted slightly. "Shhhh," he whispered.

He leaned forward and our foreheads touched. The strained tension burned like an eternal flame between us. Laisser's hand traced my jaw, "Just relax."

I sighed and tried to relax. I just couldn't. My muscles wouldn't move, my mind couldn't think straight, and my breath wouldn't stop hitching in the back of my throat. I let out another shaky breath and buried my face in his chest.

And I woke up.

My eyes flitted open. I shifted in the lumpy bed that I had. A force pressed against my back and pale arms were quick to wrap around my waist. Chills spread up my arms and up my back at the contact.

Miles.

I froze then proceeded to try and wriggle out of his grip. Which only resulted in him holding me tighter like a child holding onto it's mother. He whimpered quietly into my ear as if to tell me to stop.

"Just relax, Rachel," he whispered still half asleep. He nuzzled his face into the crook of my neck.

My head turned slightly to look at him, but his hand began to wander for a resting position which made my guard go up like a red flag. My eyes darted down to where his right hand was. It was rubbing my right side where my hip bone stuck out.

A deep sigh escaped my lips. "Let me go please?"

His arms wrapped around me more to keep me in his grip. I felt Miles shake his head. "Nah," he started. His voice was muffled by my night shift in his face. "Tais-toi, Rachel. Appréciez ce moment."

The words left his mouth like nothing. Like he wasn't even trying. The language was so beautiful, even whimsical. The way he spoke it was like an angel speaking to a pleading sinner. Firm, but calm.