Ch. 6 Meeting the Parents.

A/N: Hey! Sorry for the wait... not much to say but.... ENJOY! 

Being Fae Ch. 6 Meeting the Parents.

No...no no no no no no no no no, I can't do this...

Nathan's lying.

I can't be more powerful than them..Right?

No, I can't be no no no no no no no...

Here I'll even say it in Spanish. No no no no no no no no no. No no no!

This isn't going to end well I just know it!

I looked down at the floor once I had stepped into his house, well, his palace. I saw my necklace, hanging from my neck delicately just like it had been since my hmm... second day in the Fae realm. I watched as the color of the necklace frantically changed from blue to red to yellow. Then from yellow to orange to purple to black, finally settling to a deep purple... hmm I wish I knew what all these colors actually meant. That might be helpful.

"Nathan! When'd you get here?" Said a male voice I had never heard before.

I looked up and saw someone who looked nothing like Nathan. Except he was good looking. Tall, blond hair, and hazel eyes. Almost a polar opposite of Nathan.

"Hey, William. I Didn't know you were staying here for the weekend." Nathan replied nonchalantly.

"What? Are you not happy to see your big brother?" He replied wearing one of the same smirks Nathan always wore.

"Of course I'm glad to see you William, when am I not?" Nathan replied rolling his eyes

I just stood there awkwardly as they continued their conversation, I had been pretty much forgotten. Which I was okay with, now was not a time I wanted to be center of attention. I did, however, find out that Nathan's brother, William, was only a year older than Nathan and also in his Earth year at Fae Academy, but usually stayed at the school over the summer. I was drawn out of my thoughts when I heard "William" say

"Well then, whose this?" 

"This is my girlfriend, Amethyst." Nathan replied and smiled at me 

"Well, that's new. Hey, you haven't met my girlfriend yet have you bro?" William said smirking " Hey, Miranda! Come in here for a sec, Nathan's here!" he called, chuckled and said "Wait till you meet her. She's amazing"

I watched in wonder a Miranda came in. Yep, same Miranda from school, same Fae that had been my friend. Same friend that helped me meet the people I really needed to meet. 

"Miranda!?" I said in surprise

"Amey!?" Miranda said at the same time I said her name

"Omygosh!" We both said at the same time again

She came over and gave me a hug. I chatted with her for a moment about how weird this was and whatnot before someone cleared their throat.

"You two know eachother?" William asked

"Yeap" Miranda replied "Amey here is in the same class as me, ya know, Air this year? I know Nathan to."

"This is to weird" I said 

"You can say that again" Miranda said laughing

"This is to weird" I said again and everyone started laughing.

"Hey, William, where's Mom and Dad?" Nathan said after we had all finished laughing.

"Oh they're outside having a picnic, near the training grounds. They had asked us to join, but we didn't go. I'm sure they would be happy to have you and you're girlfriend join them." William replied before he and Miranda went off somewhere... I have no clue where of course. This was my first time in this huge palace place for goodness sakes! 

"So, out in the garden's near the training ground would be where exactly?" I asked. It's not like I knew how to get there.

"Haha, come on. Let's go, I'll lead the way." Nathan said with a small chuckle.

Seeing Miranda here had calmed my nerves quite a bit. I wasn't nervous...well....not as nervous as before. Which was good. I didn't want to make a fool out of myself in front of Nathan's parents now did I? ..... no.... no I did not. 

On our way there Nathan just showed me which rooms were which, where "official royal business" took place, and where other random rooms were. On our way there all communications were done telepathically.

********(whoosh)**************

When we finally got to the garden I couldn't believe my eyes. It was so much better than the garden at the academy. This...This garden, there was no comparison. And the smells from the flowers were just...wow. I was speechless.

<Nice, huh?>

{Wow, just..just wow.}

<yeah, my mom....has, well a thing for plants>

{Cool.}

<oh there's my parents now....you sure you aren't going to freak out again Amey? Ya know, in front of the king and queen, my parents?>

{...Nathan, Stop it.}

<Haha, okay okay.>

"Hey Mom, hey Dad." Nathan said and waved at two people sitting on a picnic blanket

"Oh! There you are Nathan, William told us you were here,and... Oh! You must be Amythest! I've wanted to meet you for the longest time!" Nathan's mom/the queen said. "My name is Gwendolyn, but you can call me Gwen." she finished with a smile.

"Hi...Gwen" I replied with a small smile.

"And this is my husband, Nathan's dad, David." She said while smiling at me

"Nice to finally meet you Amethyst." He said with a smile.

"Nice to meet you to" I replied with my same small smile.

"Well, what are you waiting for, come on Nathan, Amey. Come sit and eat, we have lots to talk about." Queen Gwen said with a genuine smile.

Well...Maybe this won't be quite so bad as I thought...?