Ch. 7 So what am I exactly?

Sooorrryyy for the wait! Holidays like Thanksgiving, Christmas, and whatnot. Oh yeah, and midterms :/ You can forgive me riighht? I hope XD Oh and I liked to mention that even though I'm done uploading Becoming Fae, it's still growing and getting reads! IT MAKES ME SOOOO HAPPPPEH!!!!!! *cough* ehem, I mean, I graciously thank all who have read and supported my stories. Even the people who read the first page and then quit...that's still a read right? You have no idea how much, comments/feedback/votes/whatever mean to me..... ANYWAAAAYS!!! *cough* Sorry me and chocolate late at night don't mix well...well... it does for writing.... Enough of my rambling,

Enjoy.

Being Fae Ch. 8

"So, what exactly is there to talk about, your majesty?" I asked

"Oh please, just call me Gwen." The Queen....umm... Gwen replied.

"So, Gwen, what is there to talk about?" 

"I'm sure you have figured out that you are the collector, correct? If not on your own, Nathan surely told you?"

"Yes, Nathan told me as soon as he found out." I replied

"Well then," She took my hand in her's looked at it, and dropped it "Now you can control plants."

"Cool!" Oops, was that wrong?

Gwen, David, and Nathan chuckled..that's good right?

"Yes, very. Now I have a lot to explain, you don't mind sitting her and listening to a long boring speech do you?" She asked.

"No, I don't mind at all" I said with a smile. 

"Well, it all starts with a prophecy. 

Long ago, only years after the Fae real was created, Zarrinannie left her children to watch over the realm. These Fae could also collect powers along with already being very powerful not only controlling the 4 basic elements, but they could branch out and control even more elements like metal, electricity, and even pure energy itself, however that was only the main ones. The ones back then, collectors today can usually only master one other element, maybe two but thats about it. Back then they were known as the Protectors. There was peace in the land, for many centuries. The Protectors lived longer than most Fae, but the people they married would live as long as them. Zarrinannie did not want to watch her children suffer. The peace would not last forever however, there were many Fae that did not like the Protectors, some Light, some Dark Fae, mainly Dark Fae which is why they are considered evil today, but we will get back to that. These Fae who liked to call themselves The Ones thought that the Protectors had to much power, that they robbed unknowing Fae of their powers. They called themselves The Ones because they thought the Fae should rule the realm as one, not with the Protectors ruling us. There was a great war, not much is recorded in history, but what is left are the last words of Kattniss. The last Protector to be alive at the end of the war, well close to the end of the war. These last words are said to have come from Zarrinannie herself. Are you ready?" She pause I was stunned.... I simply nodded.

"Her words were, 'Let this be known. Zarrinannie will end this war. The Ones will be banished to the battlegrounds. The battlegrounds they have destroyed themselves. The battlegrounds hidden beneath the earth. They will not stay there however. There will be a time, when a certain Protector will be needed. There will be more before her, none of them will have the power of she.  She will be lost, to a world unknown to all, but Zarrinannie. Three will set her free. A sister, long lost. A friend, unnoticed. A cold one, soon to warm to be her love. This love, will be one of three. The first a traitor, charmed by entrancement, a power few have had. If this love lasts, the world is doomed. The second, A true unending love, or is it? The first will try to break it. May it be entrancement, She will have to seek this out."

I could tell Nathan hadn't heard of this, these three loves. He didn't seem to happy about it either I had immediatly identified the first as Jacobb, the second as Nathan, but who's the the third? 

  "The third also threatens to break the second, not with threats, but with love. She will have to choose. Light and Dark. Night and Day. For she is both and neither and neither and both to stay until that fateful day. She will have to choose, The fate of the world. She will have to fight The Ones and the love lost."

Do I know any Dark Fae? .... oh... no...

"She will have the hardest task, but friends she will have to aid her.'

and then Kattniss died. It was the saddest day in the Fae realm. All the Protectors were now gone." she paused "but still I have more to tell you, The Ones were defeated and banished, but as fortold they are now rising again, and recruting even more Fae to their cause. You have already been attacked once, well... more than once actually... So we have decided it's time to train you to fight."

"And control other elements? Or the powers I've collected?" I asked abruptly.

"We'll do our best." Nathan's Dad David replied... I had forgotten he was here.

"Now, moving on more to the current, collector. You. You may have realized by now that you are not a Light Fae, or a Dark Fae."

I already knew this, I found out last year, but I need to play along.

"Then what am I?" I asked 

"You're Night and Day, but neither at the same time. You don't feed off of light, or just control light.

You don't feed off of darkness or just control darkness. You feed off of energy, from Fae, from plants from the sun, from the moon, from everything. You can never run out of power."

"Wow.... this is... a lot to take in.." 

"Also, there is only one way a collector of your power can be killed besides dying naturally.... and that's to kill your life source."

"What? What's that?" I ask in wonder.

"It could be anything really, a person you love dearly, a plant, it could even be a star or the planet Zarrin if you're really really lucky." She said then continued, "Let's hope it's Zarrin" and smiled

{wow......}

<It's a lot isnt it..>

{Did you know about this?}

<Not all of it....>

{Yeah....}

"Soo, I can tell you to are chatting" Gwen said with a wink, "I'll give you all some time to talk, let's start training in say, and hour?" 

"Yes, Thanks that'll be great." Nathan replied as his mom and dad went to where I assume the training grounds were

"Soooooo, miss all powerfull, what do you think is your life source?" Nathan said with a wink

I honestly think it's him because I couldnt live without him.

"I just hope it's Zarrin."

 <I just want you to know something.>

{Yes?}

<This isn't entrancement. I love you.>

This came as a shock, what do I say? This is the first time he's ever said that. There's only one thing to say.

{I love you too. Except I love you more}

And then I stuck my tongue out at him, he did the same ad replied,

"Nuuuuh Uhhh!!!" 

I just laughed, and smiled, couldn't stop smiling actually, how could anyone come between us?

"So, what to talk about for the next, hmmm about 50 minutes?"

"Well....First off.... We could get some food"

He just laughed "Yeah, you're right, cause it's not like we're at a picnic or anything."

"Ohhh.... Right..." I'm so stupid "You're soooo smart!"

Haha, I really do love him.