Ch. 20 Planning a party at the beach? Well, sort of.

Hey guys! I know it's been forever since I've uploaded, but I got some encouragement from an amazing fan which is the reason for this dedication. I feel like since I've been away for so long (blame homework, homework, soccer, my boyfriend, and did I say homework?) this may not be all that good, the characters may seem off, I dunno, something. We'll see how it goes though.

Ch. 20 Party at the beach? Well, sort of.

I sat up, the pain in my stomach only affecting me for a minute, and took small bites of my food as an akaward silence grew. 

"So, how was I lost?" I asked Nathan between bites.

"No one really knows, one day you were just gone. My parents say you showed aspects of the collector since you were 6 months old, which is why the knew to look for you." He said avoiding my gaze.

"Why don't I remember any of my life here before?"

He sighed. Was I being overly curious?

"..Sorry, must be the after effects of the medicine making me so curious."

"You were young when you were lost. Say, what has Skye been telling you? Is he why your asking all these questions?" Nathan asked whipping his head around to look at me in the eyes.

"No, why would Skye know anything about this?" I said with a confused look on my face and let out an inner sigh of relief when his face softened.

"No reason Amey" He smiled and kissed my forehead when I smiled back.

"How do you feel?" Nathan asked me and I continued to eat my arrangement of fruits for lunch

"Ifeelpurtygudfanks" I said with my mouth full.

He laughed at my awkwardly delivered answer and smiled at me with a loving look in his eyes.

"You're great, you know that?"

"Thanks, you're not too bad yourself." I replied with a slight slap against his chest

He caught my hand and held it there, I could feel his heartbeat underneath my hand as he looked into my eyes and leaned forward.

"Who wants to have a beach party!" Saph exclaimed as she walked, well, strutted into the healing center.

Nathan and I jumped and moved away from each other.

"Saph. You have got to be kidding me right? I doubt I'd even be let out. Plus look at me, I'm a mess."

"Actually, you're already healed. Your power kicked in sometime this morning." Nathan replied with a sheepish grin.

"Don't encourage her Nathan" I said giving him a disapproving look

"Aww come on Amey! It'll be fun! Remember where we had that picnic out in the garden by that creek, river, thing? It'll be a like a beach party!" She said excitedly while clapping her hands.

Well she sure recovered from her shock quickly.

"Come on Amey, it'll be fun." Nathan said with a pleading look on his face

"Yeah! It'll be me, you, Nathan, Preston, Miranda, Aurora, and Skye! Maddie's got plans with Jay, come on!"

"Well, actually, Amey I think you need your rest" Nathan said doubtfully after he had heard the guest list.

Well, I guess I know what that means.

I have to go now. I grinned at Nathan.

"Fine, I guess I'll just have to...." Nathan smiled at me "go to this little party"

His smile quickly shifted to a frown.

"Yes! Nathan, I'll go talk to Maya, walk Amey up to our room and let her get ready. You go get everyone. And I mean everyone. You hear me?" She said giving him a pointed look.

So she knows they didn't like each other as kids too. Who else has been keeping secrets from me?

Saph rushed over to what looked like an office, knocked on the door and walked in.

Nathan looked at me with concern and worry plastered across his face.

"You're one confusing girl you know Amey?" He said moving closer to me once more.

"You're not the simplest of guys either ya know." I said with a wink, inching myself towards him as well.

I couldn't get past the sense of falseness I felt though. All the lies he's given me. This whole time. Kept them from me, these months we've been together. He can't even tell me that he knew me, even slightly knew me as a kid. Does he not trust me that much? What else has he been lying about? I could tell he noticed the shifting of emotions on my face so I settled for a faked smile and looked up at him from my sitting position.

"This is gonna be fun. Remember the last time we went to the creek?" I asked him, trying to keep him from over thinking my many facial exspressions.

"Yeah, it was a lot of fun. You also didn't get stabbed just the day before." He replied with a stern look.

"Do you have a pro-" I was cut off by Saph walking in saying I was free to go.

She handed me a fresh set of clothes and made Nathan leave. I changed into the sundress without looking at it while facing the wall. When I turned around I saw Saph yes, but I also saw my reflection. No, it wasn't my matted hair that caught my attention, nor the dirt on my face and arms. No. It was the blue, sequined sundress I had bought just a few days before. That had to just be a coincidence right?

"Come on. Let's get you back up to the room, cleaned up and ready to party!" Saph said gently grabbing my arm and old clothes, and we walked all the way back up to our room

It wasn't exactly the least painful trip ever.  

"Kay, take a shower, fix that crazy hair of yours, sis and we'll be ready to go!" Saph said with a little forced enthusiasim. 

She did seem a little off. She must still be shaken with what happened, she's never really been involved in any of these events personally. 

I took a shower that relaxed my achey muscles and finally got all the dirt off of me. I quickly dired off, got dressed, fixed my hair a bit, preformed other, brushed my teeth and went out to meet Saph in the room. She jumped up upon my entering and quickly tried to cover up.

"Kay! Let's go meet the others! We can warm up our water skills a bit, and finally all hang out." She was smiling while she said this, but there was an unccertainty in her eyes that went past just being shocked by the attack.

Oh. I know.

She's worried about Skye and Nathan, and their little "rivalry" I'm not supposed to know about.

As we went to meet the others, the only thing I could think about as Saph talked was,

How am I going to get out of this one?

Well, that's all I got for now. Sorry it's so sort and everything. I would continue, but I'm really tired and want to have good quality (by my standards I set for myself) for the "party". This turned out okay and I'm glad to finally have something posted. Hope you enjoied The Nathan time :3

Anyone chosen teams? Skye/Nathan? Anyone still like Jacobb? Heh, anywho. Leave feedback and such and such, I hope to have an update after this soon, if not then an edited Becoming Fae chapter. Anyways, enough of my ramblings. Bai!