Kismet

Through the miracle of the cellphone, news of the whirlwind romance between Chase Young and Lily White have reached two continents before we docked. Evidently, the London newspapers were full of it, and the New York papers took note. There is absolutely no privacy at sea.
With every account, Chase Young's heylin ancestry line grew more ancient, their castles bigger. And Lily White grew richer and richer.
It was our last night at sea before word reached all the way back home to Master Fung and Dojo. They were often the last to know about anything modern. I believe Master Fung picked up the news from Dojo who had picked it up from his brother who had probably picked it up someplace where dragons gossip... if that's even a place.
Omi pushed open the door.

"Alice, Raimundo, Clay, Kimiko!" She shouted in that voice of his. "You'll be late for dinner. It's Gala Night in the dining saloon!"

We stirred.

"I will conduct you," he said grandly. "I know all the shortcuts now. I will get you there in half the time."

"Then we can all five have dinner together," I said. "It'll be like being back at the temple. Like old times." I gathered us all up, in my mind.

Omi pointed at himself. "Me? I can't have dinner with passengers! I'm crew!"

I frowned.