UNDYING HOPE

She hurl a sigh out from her lungs before she get in to the bar.Being in a bar reminds her mostly about someone particular.Rafael invited her which she can't afford to refuse.He is such a dear one especially when he's asking a favor.
She roam her eyes around searching for him.
"Cattleya!.", someone from the counter on her left side.And that someone came approaching towards her.
"Madi?", but got certain when he's an inch closer to her now.
"Hey, how are you? You're with somebody?", as he gently touch her back.With his ever genuine smile.
"I'm good.", smiling at him.She had missed him somehow."I'm here for Rafael, my brother.And you?", too late to take it back.Seeing Madi, made her hope in silent to see Nasser too.
"We'll be meeting here tonight.", Madi said that dismayed her when he don't mention anyone.
"Okay.", she said."I'll just try to look around for Rafael.", she said and about to go when Madi spoke.
"That must be Rafael?", Madi ask seeing how Cattleya's eyes and hair color of him really matched.
Cattleya turn to Madi's gaze.And got wide eyed seeing who's with Rafael.
"Hey, glad you came.You've been here long?",Rafael said with his playful grins.
"I-I just came.", she said trying to avoid someone's gaze.
"Do we have a table Madi?"
Cattleya look at Rafael who seems no plan to separate at the group.
Madi lead them to the table at the darker part of the balcony.Cattleya make her pacing quick to be beside Rafael who's having a fun chat with Madi.
"Raf, are we sharing table with them?", she almost whisper.
"Yes.They are your friends right.", said Rafael.As he sat beside Madi.While Cattleya have no choice left but the opposite seat, and positively beside the stony man.
"After you Catt.", said by Nasser as he stood behind.Cattleya seems not hearing him.
"Do you have plan of standing the whole night?", Rafael ask with his annoying grins.
"Catt, be sitted so we can have a good chat now.Its been quiet sometime that we haven't seen each other.", Madi said.Cattleya sat lazily then followed by Nasser.
Then later Madi and Rafael decided to get their drinks which only made her nervous.She was about to rise to transfer to the opposite seat but he seems don't get it.Or playing dumb, Cattleya believe.She look at him.
"Be sitted.", he said almost in a command.
She quickly sat back.
"How are you?", she heard him.
"Can I go to the restroom Mr. Mallik?", she ask sarcastically.
"Catt, spill it out.Why so aloof?", ignoring what she had said.
Cattleya believe that she'll get stuck tonight with him.And seems Madi and her good brother were into this.Then a waiter came with their beers.
Nasser stood to give her way and just when Rafael and Madi came back.
"Where are you going?", Rafael ask as she stood.
"Restroom.", she answered him.
"You're not leaving me right?Dad knows I'm with you.", Rafael said.
"Great! My brother just blackmailed me.Of course I'll be back." ,then speed off.
She stayed almost half an hour at the restroom.Trying to cease the tension inside her.Its the mixture of nervous and excitement.Cattleya admit that seeing him again arouse the little happiness provided by her undying hope of seeing him again.Though deep inside she's hopeless to be loved by him, that just by seeing him would be enough happiness in her life.It may sound cheap but that's all she can afford.
She let go a heavy sigh before heading back to their table.As she got nearer her steps are getting lazy.And too late to back-off.
"Hey Catt, long time no see.", Matthew with all his smile as he stood to pull a chair beside him.And the Queen took her seat earlier.Of course, she should be next to her King.", her thought said.
"Well, been busy working to live.", she answered him with her smile too as she settled next to him.
"She love to torture herself than be our princess in the house.", Rafael joining their conversation.Cattleya did roll eyes which only made Matthew laugh.
"Hi there Catt.So, he's a brother.", the queen spoke.
"I believe he had introduced his self while I'm away like how you occupied my spot.", she said.Glad she had resists not to let her crazy thoughts be heard.Belinda just smile sweetly.
"Nice try.", Matthew grins as he whispered.
She gave him a questioned look but he don't bite it.Now they started drinking beers.Til Madi and Rafael again stood for the dancefloor below.Nasser and Belinda were too engaged with their own talk.
"So, you're still working?", Matthew converese.
"Yeah.But maybe this school year I'll enroll.", she said trying hard to stay focused with Matthew than the other two in the table.
"That would be great Catt.What interests you?", Matthew who seems so happy like her father.
"I got interested in business.Like my father's restaurant business.",she said.
"I know a good school of business management.", Nasser spoke that surprised her that he's aware of the conversation.
Well, so happened I don't care.,is all she wanted to say but instead she just shrug.
Cattleya notice Nasser frowned.
"How are you and Doc Tan?", suddenly Belinda asked.
"We don't communicate often.", she said that the view of her intently brushing her arms against him really displeased her.Fine, she admit jealousy hit her.And this time, it hit harder than before.She then look away to hide her sigh.Lonely sigh.Just then feel a gentle tap of hand at her back.
"More beer?", its Matthew.He really know how to comfort her in silent.She nodded.Then he calls the waiter for their beers.
Then Matthew asked Belinda for a dance which the latter agreed.Matthew wink at Cattleya before he walk away with Belinda.Then her and Nasser got quiet.Both were into their beer.She saw him stood.She thought he will left her alone but instead he settled beside her.She could smell his manly scent that made her heart beat faster.
"I'm happy that you already decided to go to school.", he said staring at her.She glance at him then to her beer.Didn't bother to give him an answer.
"So, when is the wedding?", she broke the silence.Then suddenly got awkward of her question.