{•5•}

Nightshade's head popped out of the hole. She stuck her tongue out and wished her tail as she ran towards me.
I jumped off of toothless and hopped a few steps before falling down, nightshade catching me with her head. I hug her, laughing and smiling in relief.

"Don't ever run off like that again, Nightshade!" I say, still hugging her.

Nightshade was wiggling and licking me, making excited happy noises. Then she became still, stiff, letting out a low growl. I sit back and look at Nightshade, then behind me at hiccup, who was walking closer.

"Hey, nightshade, it's okay. This is Hiccup." I said standing up, but falling back down, intense pain shooting up my lower leg. I fall, only to be caught by hiccup.

Nightshade got in a defensive position and growled, her scales glowing purple. Toothless jumped in front of me and hiccup, standing in the same defensive position.

Hiccup and I look at each other, then back at the dragons.

Nightshade stopped growling and tilted her head to the side, looking at toothless.
"They've never seen another nightfury before. " I mumble. Hiccup looked at me, still holding me in his arms. I'll admit, I wasn't complaining.

We look back at the dragons, they were sniffing each other. Then nightshade wagged her tail, her tongue lolling to the side. Toothless did he same.

Hiccup smiled "they like each other."
"Now the problem is getting her to like you." I sigh.

"Nightshade, come here." I say gently to my dragon. She looked at me then at toothless, then she walked towards me, her head down, glancing at Hiccup.

"You weren't kidding about her not trusting people." Hiccup mumbled in my ear.

I hobbled over to nightshade. "Now Nightshade, this is Hiccup. He's helped me out a lot, just give him a chance."

Nightshade looked at me, then at Hiccup. She walked up to Hiccup and sniffed him. She looked up at him and tilted her head. Hiccup reached his hand out and looked the other way. Nightshade tilted her head then pressed her nose against his hand.

I smile and hop over to nightshade, getting on her back. Hiccup examined my dragon. "Your right, she's so much lighter built than toothless." Hiccup said, looking at her closely.

"Wait till you see her fly." I smirk and take off into the sky. Nightshade and me taking off and a fast speed. I look behind me to find Hiccup right on my tail.

"Let's show him what for girl." I smirk. Nightshade makes a small noise. I allowed hiccup to pull up next to me. "She's fast,"

"Oh you'll find out how fast she can go when you're eating my dust!" I challenge with a laugh and took off at almost full speed.

I look behind me again at hiccup, whose falling behind slightly. I laugh. "Can we go any faster girl?" She nodded and snarled out of competition, and energy. And took off again.
"Let's go bud!" I hear faintly behind me.

Me and nightshade are soaring at top speeds through the clouds. I smile and laugh then start to slow down. Soon we are gliding along just above the surface of the water, Hiccup soon joins me afterwards.

"She's incredible! And so fast!" Hiccup smiled with a slight laugh. "What's her top speed?" He asked. "That was her top speed." I smiled breathlessly.

Hiccup smiled "come on, let's go back to Berk, I want you to meet the gang."

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
Hey guys! Double update! Woo hoo! 😂 hope you're enjoying my story. It's come so far from where it started. Tysm for the comments and votes. 💞