{•9•}

My eyes slowly flicker open, the first thing I notice is the intense pain shooting through my head. I groan in pain slightly and try and grab my head, but something stops me. My arms are in shackles, tied to the floor.

I grunt in frustration and then take in my surroundings. I'm in a cage, with green cell bars, and a wooden frame.

To the right of the cage is a guard, standing by a door at the end of the hall.

I look across the hall and see something in the cage across from me. I squint through the darkness and try to make out the figure. But then I see a faint glow of purple from inside the cage.

"Nightshade!" I whisper quietly, thankful that my dragon was alright. I see her ear flick and her head lifts up, looking in my direction.

She Had a metal muzzle on, each of her legs shackled to the floor, her wings strapped to her side by a leather strip.
"What did they do to you?" I whisper, feeling deep sorrow for my dragon.

"Well, well, well." I nearly jump out of my skin at the sudden break of the silence. "Look whose awake, have a nice nap?" The man walked up to my cage and rested his arms in the bars.

He frowned. "Not talking, pity. Well, guess you'll just have to listen to me then." He sneered. All I did was sit there and glare at him, waiting for him to keep talking.

"We're going to send a note to your little lover boy, by releasing your dragon. If it flies back to Berk and Hiccup revives the note, they he will either have to pay the ransoms, or," he puts his thumb to his throat, slowly sliding it across making a slicing sound. "Got it?" He asked me, spit flying out of his mouth.

I scrunch up my face as spit hits it. I wipe off my head then nod.
"And if you do anything to hurt my dragon, you'll be facing me." I growl at him. He looks at me in surprise and laughs, very weirdly. "Woah! You can talk! Imagine that." He grumbles the last part with a roll of his eyes.

"Your little dragon friend over here will be fine, as long as it does what we request." He sneers
"So, now that we understand everything, I'm going back to my cabin. Don't try anything stupid, girl." And with that, he walks off.

"Wait!" I call after him, "what's your name?" I ask. He looks over his shoulder. "Why, I'm Dagur the Deranged!" He laughs a very weird evil laugh then walks into his cabin, slamming the door.

I turn towards my dragon, "Nightshade, please do whatever they say, take the note to Hiccup as fast as you can. Please." I whisper the last plead, before letting my head fall, a tear falling down my cheek.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
This chapter is kinda short, but I'll try and update it later. Hope you're enjoying! Remember to vote and comment! Also share with anybody who likes httyd. Ilysm guys! 💞