Reality Check

{Ferb}

It had been a week since they had switched. Everything was back to normal..at least, it seemed normal. Phin and Isabella were closer, more than they were before, but it was different than before. Isabella didn't swoon over Phineas, while Phin seemed more open with his emotions. One would have thought that they were still stuck in each others bodies, but the machine showed that they were normal again.

 "Hey, Ferb, what'cha thinking about?" Isabella asked, looking at me with a twinkle in her eye.
"Oh just..nothing." I replied, and her grin widened. 
"Doesn't look like nothing...Can I talk to you for a minute?" She asked, and I nodded.
"What is it?" I asked, and she sat down on the bed.

 "I don't think I like Phin anymore. We are closer, yes, but now..I can't really see myself with someone that I was for a while." she mused, and I nodded slowly.
"Ok..makes sense." I said, and she sighed.
"And..I don't swoon over at him anymore.. and I feel more inventive...and he? He's always looking at me kinda weird.." she said softly, and I took her hand.

 "You should talk to him, Bella." I said quietly, and she nodded. 

She gave me a quick hug, and left the roof. I watched out the window, and saw her going up to Phineas, touching his shoulder and leading him to our tree. His face lit up when she touched his shoulder, but he soon controlled it and put on a regular face. 

"Ooooh boy.' I muttered, and watched the scene unfold.

(Isabella)

 I led him to the tree,  and cringed as a smile filled his face. "Phineas...I need to talk to you." I said, and concerned eyes looked down at me.
"Yea Isa?" he asked, and I took a deep breathe. "Its about me and you." I added, and he smiled a bit. "Isa after we got switched and went back to our regular lives I've found out that I feel..empty without you. Will you...go out with me?" He asked, a hopeful expression clouding his face.

"Phineas..I can't." I said, and watched his face crumble. 

'What are you doing? You've waited for this moment since you were little! Say yes, you know you want this'. A voice in my mind whispered, but I hushed it. 

"Listen. You're a really great, no, fabulous guy, but I...I can't. I loved you a while back but now that I..was you, it just...feels weird." I explained, and hugged him. "I'm sorry." I said, and he buried his head in my hair.
"I understand, Isa." he whispered, and held me for a while.

As I walked away, I glanced back and saw him with a face that broke my heart. It was the same face I had worn many times before. Like I wanted to die.

But...I just didn't know if I felt that way towards him anymore. Just being him and understanding the feeling he got when he looked at me and...didn't feel the same way...hurt. 

I ran over to Ferb with a wrench in my hand and a smile. "Ok, i think that's settled! So today I was thinking we-"
"Isabella, wait. Think about it." Ferb stopped me.
"About what?" I asked.
"About what Phineas is feeling. It's the same that you had been feeling for years. Also, since the switch back, he's become...less oblivious. You've fancied him for years, are you sure you don't fancy him anymore?" He asked.

I looked over at a distraught Phineas. It was true that I had liked him since we were kids but...

I shook my head. "I don't think I like him anymore. He just feels like a brother to me. Anyways, wanna start building?"

He sighed and nodded and we got started.

Big thank you to @soccerlover6363 for writing most of this! I really appreciated it as I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with this but thanks anyways! I appreciated it! Anyways, I don't know how long the rest of this story will be but I will be ending it soon so watch for new chapters!