Chapter Twenty-Four: Practing Magic

Bella's P. O. V.

As I headed over to Bonnie's house I couldn't help but feel nervous. This would be my first time being in front of humans, since I had changed. I didn't know how well I could handle this but I knee Bonnie could help. I just hope I don't mess up. Pulling up into Bonnie's house, I sighed and looked at myself in the mirror, "You can do this." I repeated before getting out and walking over to her door. I could hear the blood pumping in everyone's body and made me wonder how many people are here. Knocking on the door, I took a step back. I heard someone coming closer and held my breath but was forced to exhale when it came to much. Opening the door, stood Bonnie, she looked tired yet confident. I smiled as I noticed that I didn't want to drain her dry. "Bella, what... Everyone thought you were dead." She exclaimed. I laughed lightly. "Nope, I'm still me just a whole lot weirder. I need your help Bonnie, it's Stefan. He's dying." I said. She looked at me with wide eyes. "Of course, come in. Should I send Elena and Jeremy away, it might tempt you." She asked warily. I shook my head. "I'm fine, I'm more worried about Stefan." I said coming in. I grabbed her hand and reassured her that I was fine as we walked into the living room where everyone was at and before I knew it I was attacked by my sister and brother. I stiffened as I took a deep breath and surprised myself as I didn't feel the need to suck them dry to. I was such a weird creature I thought before returning their hug. "We missed you so much Bella, Jenna has been worried sick, Ric on the other hand is going crazy not seeing you." Elena said. I smiled and hugged them tighter before pulling away. "OK, I know all of you have questions but right now, we need to focus on Stefan. He's been bitten by a cold one which their venom is poison to him, I have a spell that can cure him but we need two witches." I said. Everyone besides Care gasped and looked at Bonnie. "But I'm only one we need one more..." She trailed off. I smiled. "We already found one... Me. When I told you Nyx was my real mother, I didn't know that my father was a witch. I am the first born vampire and witch and the spell calls for the blood of the first vampire and witch. And sense I'm also a witch I am the second witch. That is if Bonnie could teach me how." I said. I looked at everyone and noticed shocked expressions on their faces. "OK.... I'll help." Bonnie said. And we were off.

~ A Couple Hours Later ~

I was far by ready but I didn't have any time for more practice. I was exhausted and hungry but I knew here soon that Stefan would die and it caused me to stay strong. As I looked at the spell I smiled, confident that we could do it. Walking into the room that they brought Stefan in, I rushed over to his side and grabbed his hand. "It's gonna be OK Stefan. I fix this." I said, hoping that he could hear me. I pressed my lips to his before quickly pulling away as Bonnie and Damon came in. "We should probably get started." Bonnie said. I nodded my head and let go of his hand before getting ready. As I sliced my hand. I let the blood drip into a bowl. "Damon as we chant I need you to make sure Stefan drinks this, every last drop." Bonnie said. Damon nodded and took the bowl. "Are you ready?" She asked. I nodded my head and closed my eyes taking a deep breath. Then we both started chanting, " Per terram et aquam, aerem et ignem ut exaudias Huius Source ipso vita et lux diei ac terrarum , quaeso te sana mente et corpore ." I could feel the breeze of the wind blowing in the room. I smiled as I felt the power in my body as we kept chanting until I heard Stefan gasp. Opening my eyes I saw Stefan breathing heavily as he looked at everyone. Stopping I felt my body slack as my energy decreased rapidly. I had to grip the table for support as I took deep breaths. It worked. We had saved Stefan's life.