Captive

Kaitlyn was scared out of her mind. The last thing she remembered was trying to grab fish, and now, her face hurts and she woke up in a savages hut.

"Get away from me!" She screeched, trying to run from the dark skinned man with long hair. He started speaking in his language, and she didn't know a thing he said. He spoke in a calm voice, and held his hands up to show he would not hurt her. He slowly reached out to grab her arm and lead her to bed, but she saw this as an attack.

Kaitlyn screamed and twisted out of his way. She threw blankets and pelts at him, trying to avoid his hand reaching out to her. He raised his hands up again, and looked outside.

"What? No! Don't let anybody else know I am in here! I can't bear another of you coming in here with me!" The woman pleaded, forgetting that her screams let others know she was in there. She slung small wooden bowls at the man, trying to get him to move.

Soon, the man smiles. Kaitlyn knew it was not meant to frighten her, but it did. She almost fell apart when another man stepped into the hut.

His skin was also dark, his hair long and adorned with feathers and small braids. His eyebrows sat close to his eyes, but not too close. His facial structure was striking, and most definitely handsome for a savage. But Kaitlyn knew he was one of the most handsome men she had ever seen, savage or not.

He uncrossed his arms, and Kaitlyn could not help but to wimper in fear. They were huge, along with the muscles rippling down the front of him, and no doubt along his back. He was the picture perfect example of raw masculinity.

Kaitlyn, was also the picture perfect example of desire and fear of this man. She had no idea what he would do with her. She was so afraid of everything, and with good reason. This was crazy, she needed to get to her people, not be around savages. She needed to be home.

The handsome man spoke to her before the older woman beside him.

"Tohbi Nashoba, a, aiukli."

She was confused. She almost cried out of frustration. She looked at him, and he saw her confusion.

"White Wolf, Tohbi Nashoba,"he said in his heavy accent.

Kaitlyn was stunned, and he could see that too, in her eyes. He pointed at her and repeated her name in his language.

He then pointed to himself and said his name in her language, and then in his two more times. Her eyes widened. She could not handle all of this in one day.

"Minti, Tohbi Nashoba."

He took her hand and lead her to his chukka. He knew that if she saw how gentle his people were, then she would calm down, and eventually accept him and the tribe.

He could tell she was strong, because she had not cried the whole time. Even captives from other tribes, who were used to our way of life, had cried. This tohbi ohoyo had been a part of the white mans culture. He assumed she had never even seen a humma hattak, or red man. She was doing very well so far.

"Where are you taking me?" Kaitlyn asked Great Wolf, already confused. The men in town had always spoke harshly of savages, and these people had done nothing to harm her so far.

The man in the hut had scared the life out of her, but he never tried to hurt her. The man that gently held her forearm had spoken softly to her, and even gave her a name. Great Wolf had even spoke English! He must of spoken to regular civilized people before.

She was amazed as she looked around. There were little huts made if clay and straw. The walls looked to be made if mud and straw, but the roof was made from river cane and reeds. The people were dressed in beaded leather. Women wore dresses and men wore breech cloths and buckskin leggings, but no shirt. Both wore two long braids on either side of their head.

Kaitlyn looked over to the man beside her. His hair was long, and was not tied up in the braids. He was handsome, no doubt. His black eyes met her blue-grey ones. She quickly looked to her feet, embarrassed. She just wanted to find her people.

She glanced back up at him, and he just stared forward, with a small smile playing on his lips. She blushed a deeper red than before.