CHAPTER 85

Chapter 85

ZACH'S POV

It's been two weeks since graduation, and all I've been thinking about is how to convince Mercy to go back to Canada with me.

She's so stubborn, and I'm beginning to think that she will never agree to go back home with me.

Since I was a good hockey player in our university's team, I got an offer to play in a huge team back in Canada, and it's sort of a dream coming true.

If she says no to living in Canada, I'm gonna have to choose between Mercy and my goal that I've worked hard for.

I've been avoiding to talk about the subject for so long, because I knew it would make us fight and I can't let that happen because I'm afraid she'd go back to Harry for comfort.

He still makes me feel threatened because I can tell he still has feelings for her.

But I may be wrong. People change, and I doubt that he would leave his current famous girlfriend for anyone because it'd be bad for his already messed up reputation and I heard that his management doesn't tolerate such things.

"Zach?" Mercy woke up, looking up at me.

"Yeah?" I answered.

"Why haven't you slept yet?" She asked, sitting up.

"Can't sleep." I sighed. I haven't been sleeping right for days, I keep thinking about how I would tell Mercy about the whole hockey thing.

"What's wrong?" She said with a frown on her face.

"We have to talk." I said.

"That doesn't sound like good news." She said, looking down. "Are you breaking up with me?" She continued.

"What? No, are you out of your mind?" I said, loudly.

"Good." She huffed. "What's up then?" She asked.

"I have an opportunity to play in my favourite hockey team in Canada and you know I've been dreaming about it ever since I was a kid. Like I will play with all of my favourite players and go pro, and you won't have to worry about getting a job because I will be making millions, Mercy." I said, holding her hand.

"Baby, that's great." She grinned and embraced me in a tight hug, which is surprising because I expected her to get mad at me.

"I thought you were going to be mad." I confessed, hugging her tighter.

"Why would I? And if you're worried about us, don't. I know we'll still be as strong even if we're away from each other." Shz said, and I froze.

"Away from each other?" I asked, pulling away from her.

"Yeah, you can go to Canada but I'll stay here." She scowled.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" I snapped. "That's not what I meant."

"Wait, did you actually think I'd go there with you?" She said with a confused look on her face.

I nodded.

"Oh my god Zach, we talked about this." She rolled her eyes.

"Yeah but I didn't know I was going to keep playing Hockey, as a career." I snapped, again.

"Okay, you can go but I won't. We can be in a long distance relationship, like we met online anyways." She shrugged.

"Yeah, but we were just friends back then. We never dated because of the distance thing." I said.

"Ugh." She groaned. "Fine, I'll go back I'd better not freeze to death or I swear I will raise from my tomb and kill you slowly and painfully." She said as she laid back down.

"Don't worry, I'll keep you warm." I winked and leaned down to kiss her jaw, down to her neck.

"Not tonight, because you woke me up." She groaned as she tried to wiggle away from me.

"It's okay, I'll fuck you back to sleep." I chuckled as I kept kissing her neck, down to her collarbone, then her chest making her giggle.

"I'm pretty sure that's a song." She laughed as I pulled her into my arms, letting her rest her head on my chest.

"It is." I confessed. "Let's just go back to sleep, I have to wake up early to get everything ready so we can fly to Canada as soon as possible." I kissed her head softly, and we stayed in that position until we fell asleep.

NEXT MORNING

I woke up as early as possible and got ready trying not to wake Mercy up.

I lied to her last night. I mean yeah I am going out later to sort everything out for us to move back to Canada, but I woke up early so I could buy her something.

I've been thinking for quite a while about this, and I made a decision.

Mercy and I have been dating for almost 3 years, and we've known each other for like 4 years before that.