Chapter One - Hiccup's P.O.V

"Hey! Earth to Haddock?" I glanced up to see a hand waving in front of my face. Annoyed, I grabbed Snotlout's hand and slammed it on the table, making him wince. "What is it?" I snapped. He just snorted and slithered his hand out of my grasp. "Looks like someone didn't want their daydream to be interrupted." He smirked, flipping his dark brown hair. I let out an exasperated sigh and put my face in my hands. I felt a hand, bigger than Snotlout's, pat my shoulder. I didn't have to look up to know it was Fishlegs. "Come on Hiccup, all you have to do is talk to her." "I'll make a fool out of myself." I mumbled. "You already look like a fool-you just gotta make the first impression. Like this." I watched as Snotlout flaunts his way over to a girl who was sitting at the counter.
School had just ended for the day and we were hanging out at Starbucks downtown. It was packed with the normal crowd of high schoolers, some working on their laptops and others chatting with their cups of coffee.
As much as I wanted to see Snotlout get dissed, I was also curious about what Fishlegs had to say. "How do I approach her?" I asked him. He placed his book aside and said "Just be yourself. That's all any girl could ask for." "If you mean fucking up my English and looking like a complete ass, then yeah I'll be myself." He sighed. "Once you get enough courage to actually get up and start a conversation with her, you will see it's not so bad." "And, how do you know all this? I've never seen any girls hanging by your side." Fishlegs bit his lip and I immediately realized what I had just said. "Oh shit...I'm sorry Fishlegs, that came out wrong." At that moment, Snotlout returned with a swollen, red eye. I suppressed a laugh. "I think that first impression made you look like a fool."