Chapter Ten - Hiccup's P.O.V

Time seemed to fly by as Astrid described her interests and passions to me. The minute she opened her mouth, everything about her seemed to blossom like a newly golden flower. Not only was she beautiful but the person she was was beautiful too. Hanging on to her every word, she looked extremely delighted. Most of the time when I would, er observe Astrid, her expressions were always straight. Other times I would catch a tiny smile creeping their way to her lips but that rarely ever happened. When she spoke to me, it seemed that for the first time, she seemed...joyful.

When she finished, she smiled at me and said "Now it's your turn."
So I told her how I've been working in my father's friend's mechanic shop since I was little and how I also like dogs and dragons as much as she does. I explained how I found my dog, Toothless, a black lab in the forest missing his leg and made him a new one. He was just a stray and knew nothing about living in a house so after lots of hours after school, I trained him. I entered him in a Doggie Training school and I ended up to be the best in the class. After winning the final round, I continued my newly found passion and have been training strays everywhere I can find. I also mentioned that I was a little bit of a geek, reading and researching new things in my spare time.
"If you want, I could help you start to draw." "Really? You'd give me lessons?" I shrugged and smiled. "Why not? I'll even do them for free." She smiled back.
At that moment, the door opened. We both turned to see a guy in a white coat standing in the doorway, his dirty blonde hair in a teardrop shape with his hands behind his back. He had a grim expression plastered on his face, making him look a bit intimidating. Astrid got up slowly from where she was siting as the doctor approached the bed. "Hello Hiccup, I'm Doctor Ren. How are you feeling?" I shifted my position in the bed so my body was facing him more. "Fine I guess. It just hurts where my leg used to be." He nodded and gestured to Astrid. "Is this your girlfriend?" I swear my cheeks looked like two ass tomatoes but then I looked over to see Astrid was blushing as well. "Sorta..." I said, with a cocky grin. Astrid just put her hands in her face, shaking her head. Doctor Ren smiled and turned his attention to her. "Girlfriend or not, I'm going to have to ask you to leave for a little while. We just need to do a few more things until he's off the hook." She nodded. "Hiccup, I also informed your parents. They were stuck in traffic but they're on there way." I managed a smile. "Thanks." For a minute, we all were silent until Astrid coughed. "The smell of hospital rooms never agreed with my senses so I'll be going now." Before heading out the door, she turned around to take one more glance at me. "I'll be right outside if you need me." Then she shut the door, just leaving me with the doctor.
•••
10 votes or 10 comments for the next chapter! 😊❤️