Chapter Seven - Astrid's P.O.V

What my eyes saw, was a horrendous picture to look at. The guy who finally had the guts to talk to me lay motionless in the middle of Starbucks. My legs felt like Jello, wiggly and with no feeling at all. I began to sink slowly into the ground, my hand shaking as I reached out to touch Hiccup's shoulder. His head was badly bleeding and it was painful to see him like this. But what was absolutely terrifying was to see his leg had been split in half. I covered my mouth, so I wouldn't get sick from the horrific sight. It took me a minute to realize that the whole cafe was dead quiet. You could hear a pin drop, no one dared to move or speak. But that made my anger boil. "What the hell are you doing just standing there? Call 911!" I screamed at the people. Out of the corner of my eye, one of the guys Hiccup was sitting with pulled out his cell. I turned my attention back to Hiccup, the chatter in the building rising in volume. "It's gonna be okay, Hiccup. Everything's going to be okay." I whispered to him, lifting his hand and putting it against my cheek. I closed my eyes as tears started to fall, wishing this was a dream.
•••
10 votes or 10 comments for the next chapter! 😊❤️